Black Magic is not only a development team

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

olspookishmagus

Black Magic is not only a development team

Post by olspookishmagus »

Greetings to all once more.

As a follow-up to this what I was talking about was that Black Magic is not only a development team but also a game.

What I was talking about that time was that I need some initial guidance as to how to rename the existing wiki page which will remain the same and as to how I will name the new page.

Thanks in advance for your time.

XtC

Re: Black Magic is not only a development team

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

The way the UnExoticA pages are generated is based on the music contained in the UnExoticA collection.

If the game 'Black Magic' contains music and it can be ripped or turned into a Custom module, then that will take care of the fact that 'Black Magic' is both a game and a development team as the wiki pages will be auto-generated and will include an auto-generated disambiguation page too, thanks to mighty Kyzer.

If the game doesn't have a soundtrack then a page about the game would have to be created manually, and a link to this new page can be added on the Black Magic page.

Hope that helps?
Cheers!

olspookishmagus

So I am to leave the already existing wiki page as it is and include something to the following context of:
Black Magicmay refer to:
  • Black Magic, a 1989 game ...
  • Black Magic, a development team ...
And provide links to both pages?

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Yes, that's the kind of thing we're looking for, cheers. Just make sure your edits are outside of the <!-- BEGIN AUTO sections, or they'll get overwritten by the UnExoticA bot. :)
Cheers!

olspookishmagus

OK, got it!

One more question about the naming conventions you prefer/use.
How will the two end pages be?

Which of the following ways (or if you prefer another, state it):

Code: Select all

/Black_Magic_Game
/Black_Magic_Development_Team

Code: Select all

/Black_Magic_(Game)
/Black_Magic_(Development_Team)
And suppose I got the music ripped of the game, where should I upload it in order to make the article complete by linking to it?

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
olspookishmagus wrote:One more question about the naming conventions you prefer/use.
How will the two end pages be?
Have a look at the Agony and Team17 disambiguation pages for how we've done things so far.

olspookishmagus wrote: And suppose I got the music ripped of the game, where should I upload it in order to make the article complete by linking to it?
If this rip is just a one-off, then you could e-mail it to myself and I'll add it to the collection for you. Or if you're planning on ripping several soundtracks then we could look into setting you up with FTP access. :)
Cheers!

olspookishmagus

XtC wrote:If this rip is just a one-off, then you could e-mail it to myself and I'll add it to the collection for you. Or if you're planning on ripping several soundtracks then we could look into setting you up with FTP access. :)
Yummy!

OK, we'll do the rest part of the communication either via PM and/or e-mail.
Thanks for all your responses and time.