Cover Scans

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

Ric

Cover Scans

Post by Ric »

:cry:

Hi. After a couple of years I still love your site.

This isn't meant as a complaint, just that I'm curious and at the same time a little disappointed.

During Jan 2002 I corrsponded several times with Richard Wagenfuehrer, when I donated 20 or 30 cover scans for the website, mainly for American versions of Amiga box covers. Richard said that my scans were good, highly welcomed and appreciated, expressing also how rare some of them were. Yet, to this date not a single one has appeared on the pages Exotica. I know Exotica wasn't under any obligation to post any of my pictures, but I'm really curious as to why none have appreared even after I furnished written info on game & art authors.

Yours truly,
Ric

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

It's my fault and I apologise. I just havent been able to find as much free time for the site as I would like. I've got hundreds of scans queued up to add. I just got too many to handle and now there is a large backlog. I do however have every intention to add them, and I will have some more free time in the coming weeks.

kyz

Post by kyz »

BuZz wrote:It's my fault and I apologise. I just havent been able to find as much free time for the site as I would like. I've got hundreds of scans queued up to add. I just got too many to handle and now there is a large backlog. I do however have every intention to add them, and I will have some more free time in the coming weeks.
Would it help if there were some thingy where you could just enter the game info text and the scan, and it would automate everything else? That way, you could easily release one or two scans a day for the games you have the info for, and everything would be up to date in a few months.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I've thought about doing such a thing. In fact i've written similar projects for my work. Not sure it would actually make it any quicker if I had this part automated really though. Most of the time is spend researching missing information and cross referencing to get the tune name links etc.

I do enjoy when I sit down and do a big batch of games though. I suppose having the stuff in a database would make the front end more flexible, but there are other sites which do this now, so I may just keep it as it is.