SWORD OF SUDAN does not fully play

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

SWORD OF SUDAN does not fully play

Post by Guest »

I got the sword of sudan file from here, and it does not correctly play under the deliplayer.
It plays fine, but then stops on a note and continues playing this note till the track is over.
I can't figure out how to use eagle player either.

Can anybody help me?

!!!!!!!!! I looked into the file--- with a wav editor--- THERE IS NOTHING! the song cuts out! WTF???? where is the rest of this amazing song? WHY! MUST I SUFFER SO???

For anyone who has not heard sword of sudans intro music on the amiga,,, my the music gods have mercy on your soul!!!

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

This is a known bug! it´s not deliplayer, but the costum module there´s implemented wrong!

- Muerto
-- you cant escape Muerto --

shd / uade team

Re: SWORD OF SODAN does not fully play

Post by shd / uade team »

Anonymous wrote:I got the sword of sudan file from here, and it does not correctly play under the deliplayer.
It plays fine, but then stops on a note and continues playing this note till the track is over.
Works fine on UADE though. However the custom can very well be b0rken. What subsong and time index does it crash?

Heikki Orsila
shd / uade team
heikki.orsila@iki.fi
http://uade.ton.tut.fi

Post by Guest »

lol, I am a noob. I did not realize you have to hit- next subsong to continue it! :oops:

Yeah, works fine now with deliplayer.

Now if only I could get some other game musics to play, like--- battlesquadron ect..... :?:
I try to play certain ones, and get an error message..

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Sounds like you need to install the 'CustomMade' player into the AmigaPlayers folder so that DeliPlayer knows what to do with Ron Klaren's music.

The player can be found here...

http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/wt.html

Post by Guest »

tried this, don't work.

going to research more, so I can figure this out... Lots a games that won't play the music.

Is there something better then deli player? I can't get eagle player to work.... :cry:

oh well. I'll look around some more.

XtC

Post by XtC »

EaglePlayer? I thought you were using Windows?

If you're using Windows and DeliPlayer, then not all music formats are automatically recognised by DeliPlayer.

When you download a tune from UnExoticA, make a note of the music format. Load up DeliPlayer, then click the right mouse button on the DP window and choose Server from the Config menu. You should see a new window displaying a list of Players, Genies & Core.

You should look in the Players section and in the 680x0 sub-section to see if a replayer is available for the music format you wish to play. If a replayer isn't there, then you will more than likely have to download it from the link given earlier in this thread.

If you're using an Amiga with either DeliTracker or EaglePlayer, then you need to check the players (or eagleplayers) directories to see if the replayer is available - if not, then download it from the link mentioned earlier. The same replayer will work on both the Amiga and PC, courtesy of DeliPlayer.

All the formats listed on UnExoticA are either already supported by DeliTracker, EaglePlayer and DeliPlayer or a new replayer has been written by Don Adan.

Hope this helps?

Post by Guest »

oK, I got battle squad working fine now....

Got most of this stuff going, but there are still a few types that refuse to play in my deliplayer which I downloaded about 1 month ago from the deliplayer site.

Here is a list of the types I can not play.

examples-----

bd_Artura

md_alien_storm

jmf_protector,,,, a few different games are in this format as well (jmf)

bss_zoom

thanks guys. Your suggestions have gotten many amiga game musics to play now. 8) Just a few more to go!
JMF is the most needed fix. :wink:

XtC

Post by XtC »

Those are all format with new or revised players by Don Adan.

http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/wt.html

You'll find replayers for all the tunes at the link given above.

uh... say what now?

Post by Guest »

Ok, I am clearly a moron. I have no idea what I need there, or where I would put any of it.
Download a player? What, when, where, how?

I keep hearing this site mentioned, yet it does not give any decent direction. How is a noob like me supposed to make any sence out of a confusing blizzard of info like that?

Download his versions of the games??? some of those don't work either...

I need a pluggin type addition for my deliplayer am I right? WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR THEN? I don't see anything there that talks about playing jmf files.

He should work his site better to say something like----

JMF addition to play jmf files

or

bss addition to play bss files..

Instead, all I see there is a bunch of numbers and characters that don't explain what they play! Like I am supposed to know what they do or something...?? :?: :?:

If people are going to hear the great amiga, it needs to be easier to understand then this. I have spent many hours looking into this, only to be more confused now, then when I started.... :oops:

FINNALY! His site does not even say what I am supposed to do with his files!!!! LOL! I have no idea what I am doing, and would any other noob have a clue either?? :lol:

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

ok, here it goes....:

I asuming you are using Windows as your operating System and you are using DeliPlayer, to play the music.

For playing JMF files: (Janko Mrsic-Flogel)
You need to put the following player in your deliplayer/amigaplayers/
http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/files/playe ... oMrsic.lha

For playing BBS files: (Beathoven Synthesizer)
You need to put the following player in your deliplayer/amigaplayers/
http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/files/playe ... ovenSS.lha

XtC

Post by XtC »

All you need to do is make a note of the format you need a replayer for, such as 'jmf', only that is the file prefix and not the name of the format. You also need to know the full name of that format, which is named after the coder/musician 'Janko Mrsic-Flogel'.

All the files on UnExoticA have the correct format names listed for each game, so discovering the format name is easy enough.

Once you know the format name, download the relevant replayer from the link given previously in this thread. The downloaded replayer is stored in an archive and will need to be extracted to work.

Once extracted, follow my instructions given earlier in this thread.

On average, Don Adan releases at least one new replayer each month, so it's up to you to keep your replayers up to date.

Strangely enough, it seems only a small selection of Don's replayers are bundled with DeliPlayer (incl. v2.02). A real pity, since his replayers are more accurate!

Note that DeliPlayer has two folders...
  • AmigaPlayers - where all Don Adan's replayers should go

Players - where DeliPlayer's places it's own .dll replayers
Finally, if you think DeliPlayer should be bundled with Don's replayers, to make things easier for 'noobs', you should post a comment on the DeliPlayer forum saying as much.

Post by Guest »

:wink: ok. thx guys!

Yes, I feel deliplayer can do more to support the different file types... I would definately not pay for there full version if this is how they are..