Popup menu positions

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

Coma

Popup menu positions

Post by Coma »

Nice new design, but the Tools and User menus pop up too far to the right for me (IE7.0b3). Maybe 100 pixels too far. And when I move the pointer away from the menu items, the menus disappear. So I can't get to my profile or mailbox for example.

Now I tried it in IE6 from the server, and there it works as intended. Definitely a problem with IE7 then. That's what I get for running beta software, and IE at that. Maybe a good time to switch to Firefox...

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Hmm. and I don't currently have IE as they make sure there is no way to run it alongside v6 (Unless I am mistaken).

Il disable the theme until it's sorted.

Coma

Post by Coma »

Maybe you could make it a per-user setting, with "no theme/good old theme" as default. Then everyone could use what they preferred and their browser could handle.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

use oprea, no flaws here! 8)
-- you cant escape Muerto --

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I tested it on firefox/konqueror (and ie6 even though it's shite).
I assumed it would work on opera as it's a decent browser which follows standards :) The only way for me to fix this now for ie7 is to install xp (under vmware), and get the beta version.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Coma wrote:Maybe you could make it a per-user setting, with "no theme/good old theme" as default. Then everyone could use what they preferred and their browser could handle.
My only problem with this is that most people would just signup ignoring the exotica style. And I want the forum to fit in with the new site design (Which I assume also has menu issues on ie7 ?)

http://dev.exotica.org.uk

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I'm using IE7 and FireFox, though I mainly use FireFox.

The problem with the menus appearing too far to the right doesn't happen everytime in IE7. In fact it looks like it only happens whilst the page contents are still downloading. Weird huh? :roll:

( Not weird - just Micro$oft! :wink: )
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

In fact, using IE6 (here at work), the menus don't even appear until all the page contents have been downloaded. Viewing a box scan page is a good example of this.
Cheers!

Coma

Post by Coma »

BuZz wrote:And I want the forum to fit in with the new site design (Which I assume also has menu issues on ie7 ?)

http://dev.exotica.org.uk
Actually no, those menus look as they should.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

hmm weird. since it's based on the same css.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

ok well it should be working now. I installed xp in vmware, and ie7, and debugged it. Looks to be an ie7 beta 3 bug. Anyway, I found a workaround. (involved just removing one line of css that wasn't actually needed).

Coma

Post by Coma »

Good work!