Wings Music

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

NightShade737

Wings Music

Post by NightShade737 »

I have looked everywhere for the Music to this game and it just doesnt seem to exist ANYWHERE, if anyone is Wondering, the game I am looking for is "Wings" by "Cinemaware" (the top one).

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
NS

kyz

Post by kyz »

Wings has only been on my todo list for 6 years, not the 8 years it took for me to bother ripping Disposable Hero :)

Keep your hopes up!

NightShade737

Post by NightShade737 »

Still living in hope......

NightShade737

Post by NightShade737 »

Still waiting :)
Tried ripping it myself with every memory ripper I could find, but none worked. I could hear the samples in RAM, but nothing picked up the format.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Methinks your waiting will soon be over. It seems the soundformat is another MIDI clone, and Don Adan has managed to create a player for it.

The format appears to only have been used in Wings - Rocket Ranger doesn't share the same format - a pity coz I was looking forward to seeing that soundtrack isolated too.

Anyways, the player hasn't gone public yet, but keep your eyes peeled on the Wanted Team website over the next few days.

Of course, I'd happily upload the tunes to UnExoticA, but I still ain't got no Amiga! :(

Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

'Tis on-line now...

http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/wt.html

I have amiga 500+

Post by I have amiga 500+ »

ok, wonderfull...

erm how do i listen to it?

:?:

XtC

Post by XtC »

Depends on what you want to play it on...

:arrow: Amiga - DeliTracker or EaglePlayer

:arrow: Windoze - DeliPlayer

:arrow: Linux or Mac - wait for the format to be supported by UADE

I have amiga 500+

i have winzozz (as we call it in italy)
ive inserted file called "cinemawere" into deliplayer2/amigaplayers but when i start playing wings' music, clcking on CIN_Wings.lzx it says H:\CIN_Wings.lzx was identified as play680x0 but is invalid...

must i suicide? or play the rom on winuae to listen to the music?

i want to transform it into a mp3 so i can put it on my cellular phone as a ringtone like i did with The Games summer edition. (THE BEST GAME EVER MADE WITH THE BEST MUSIC TOO).

HELPPP

XtC

Post by XtC »

When you add CIN_Wings.lzx to the DeliPlayer playlist, does it expand the archive to show...

Wings\CIN.Wings 01
Wings\CIN.Wings 02
Wings\CIN.Wings 03
...etc. ?

If so, what happens when you click on these?

shd

Post by shd »

XtC wrote:Depends on what you want to play it on...
:arrow: Linux or Mac - wait for the format to be supported by UADE
No need to wait. http://uade.ton.tut.fi/uade/pre/uade-0. ... ue.tar.bz2 has the cineware player by default. Released 2004.05.03.

The music can be obtained with:
rsync -av shd.ton.tut.fi::chip/cineware /local/path/
or alternatively from wanted team web page.

shd / uade team

I have amiga 500+

:D thnx guys! i love u all! GOD BLESS U ALL! U SAVE MEMORIES!

Kristian95

Post by Kristian95 »

Hmmmm, I get the same problem :( Any clue how to solve it ??
I run WinXP, have DeliPlayer 2 installed and copied the two files (from the wanted team Cinemaware player) Cinemaware and Cinemaware.amp to the amigaplayers dir... yet I get the same error as mentioned above (btw, I have extracted the lha file.... is that a bad thing ??)

Edit: I just downloaded the Wings.lha file from this site and tried that in deliplayer.... I get an error saying: Wings.lha\Wings\Instrument\Acord1 does not contaiin valid music/sound files or is corrupt

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Kristian95 wrote:Hmmmm, I get the same problem :( Any clue how to solve it ??
I run WinXP, have DeliPlayer 2 installed and copied the two files (from the wanted team Cinemaware player) Cinemaware and Cinemaware.amp to the amigaplayers dir... yet I get the same error as mentioned above (btw, I have extracted the lha file.... is that a bad thing ??)
No, the player files are meant to be extracted. BTW, you don't need the Cinemaware.amp file, this is only useful for Eagleplayer.

Kristian95 wrote:Edit: I just downloaded the Wings.lha file from this site and tried that in deliplayer.... I get an error saying: Wings.lha\Wings\Instrument\Acord1 does not contaiin valid music/sound files or is corrupt
That's because it's one of the instruments used for that game's soundtrack. If you have a playlist open on DeliPlayer, scroll down until you start seeing entries like 'Wings\cin.ingame_01', etc. These are the files that DeliPlayer will recognise and play, provided you have the correct player...
Cheers!

Kristian95

Post by Kristian95 »

XtC wrote:Ey up!
Kristian95 wrote:Hmmmm, I get the same problem :( Any clue how to solve it ??
No, the player files are meant to be extracted. BTW, you don't need the Cinemaware.amp file, this is only useful for Eagleplayer.

Kristian95 wrote:Edit: I just downloaded the Wings.lha file from this site and tried that in deliplayer.... I get an error saying: Wings.lha\Wings\Instrument\Acord1 does not contaiin valid music/sound files or is corrupt
That's because it's one of the instruments used for that game's soundtrack. If you have a playlist open on DeliPlayer, scroll down until you start seeing entries like 'Wings\cin.ingame_01', etc. These are the files that DeliPlayer will recognise and play, provided you have the correct player...
DeliPlayer does not play any of the tracks either, I have tried..
I get this error message:

cin.ingame_01 was identified as 'Play680x0' but is invalid :(

What am I doing wrong ??