What about "Deluxe Music Construction Set" (DMCS)

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

silvaheart

What about "Deluxe Music Construction Set" (DMCS)

Post by silvaheart »

Hey there !

Does anyone remember this old (and sometimes strange acting :lol: )
amiga music program ? Which formats does the tunes have and are they playable in any way with Deliplayer ?

A real cool board ! Just my style ! :D :D :D

CU SOON !

silvaheart

XtC

Re: What about "Deluxe Music Construction Set" (DM

Post by XtC »

silvaheart wrote:Does anyone remember this old (and sometimes strange acting :lol: )

amiga music program ? Which formats does the tunes have and are they playable in any way with Deliplayer ?

IIRC, the format is IFF-SMUS, like Sonix. There is a player for both DeliTracker and EaglePlayer, not sure about DeliPlayer though.

silvaheart

Post by silvaheart »

Hey XtC !

Really ? Ok, I'll test, but I've always got problems with
the instruments. Will see ...

Thanks !

CU SOON !

silvaheart
Always take it easy and play on the cool amiga music ! Amiga RULEZ !!!

reed

Post by reed »

If I remember right, besides the normal "Save" option that saves in some other format, there was a "Save as SMUS file" option in the DMCS menus, so apparently it doesn't save to the SMUS format by default... but I never used the program that much so I don't know if everyone saved their tunes in SMUS format anyway :)

silvaheart

Post by silvaheart »

Ahh ... yeah ... I remember ! There was an option to save in SMUS-Format indeed ! Cool ! Just go in the cellar and pick up my old (1987) Amiga 500 with the 240 MB SCSI HD ... :P :P

But I can't play SMUS-Songs on the PC ... Deliplayer hasn't got a player yet ... but someday there'll be Deliplayer 2.0 ... someday ... :cry:

CU !

silvaheart

MrTickle

Post by MrTickle »

silvaheart wrote: But I can't play SMUS-Songs on the PC ... Deliplayer hasn't got a player yet ... but someday there'll be Deliplayer 2.0 ... someday ... :cry:
Yeah, but it'll never play 4ch mods as nicely as Paula :-)