Converting MODS to MIDI?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

swordofdawn

Converting MODS to MIDI?

Post by swordofdawn »

I have 2 questions regarding whats possible with MOD files (bearing in mind I have very little knowledge on the subject)...
In deliplayer, or any player, is it possible to cancel out certain tracks or channels so you can essentially hear just one "instrument" at a time?
And, is it possible to convert these files to MIDI?

Having messed around with converting nsf files I know the resulting MIDIs usually come out far from clean, but that is something I can work around. If I could do the same with some Amiga music I have in mind, that would be excellent. :)

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

There are some tools available to converter mod files to midi files..

Search on google for mod2mid

Not sure how well they work though

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Alternatively, you could use an Amiga tracker such as OctaMED Soundstudio, which will load certain tracker mods and supports MIDI. It might save you some time.

Of course if you're trying to convert something like "Turrican 2", "Alien Breed" or "Shadow Of The Beast", then OSS will be of no use.
Cheers!

swordofdawn

Post by swordofdawn »

Thanks for the recommendations. MOD2MID looks simple and easy to use, but unfortunately I can't get it working. I'll give OctaMED a shot.