Immortal and ExoticA Cedric soundtrack ripping competition

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

BuZz
Site Admin

Immortal and ExoticA Cedric soundtrack ripping competition

Post by BuZz »

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW OVER.
Congratulations to Don Adan. Prize is on its way

Jan Zottmann (Amiga Immortal) contacted me about aquiring the soundtrack to the amiga game "Cedric and the Lost Sceptre" (http://hol.abime.net/2958). He is in talks with the original composer Rainer "Brainbug" Nilsen about making an arrangement of the game track, however, Rainer no longer has his original music, and so needs your help.

Jan has made a very generous offer of a prize of ALL THREE IMMORTAL ALBUMS for the soundtrack. :D

So, music rippers.. Here commences a competition.

The first person to rip the FULL soundtrack from this game will win this excellent prize.

The rip should be a disk rip (The music extracted and reconstructed from the game data rather than taken from memory whilst the game is running).
The music should be provided in both the "packed" format it appears in the game as well as a conversion to protracker/mod format.

To help you can find 2 whdload installs of 2 versions of the game here http://www.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/compo/

Please post any discussion and entries on this forum thread.
Last edited by BuZz on Thu May 10, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Genju

Post by Genju »

I was able to find three files for each version of the game so far.
I don't have any webspace to host the files, so I've uploaded them to Rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/26109221/ce ... 2.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/26109309/ce ... s.rar.html

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Well done. I think there may be more so keep hunting ;-)
(At least 6 or 7 of the data files contain instruments)

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I received a complete rip via email. Will post more details here shortly.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Just to give some more details. The infamous Don Adan has made a rip. This includes the "The Player 6.x" tunes which were the more easily extracted tunes, plus the ingame music which he has called "Alcaatraz packer". He has also included a replayer. A very thourough rip from a well known expert. And certainly he does deserve the prize (But I appreciate all the efforts from others). The only thing I am hoping to confirm is, if he thinks he can convert these tunes back to the protracker format. As with the aim of the compo, this would be much help for the original artist. But if not, it certainly is a great effort. I may consider chocolate based runner up prizes ;-)

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

And I should have checked my email as Don Adan has sent a depacker for the tunes.. what a star..

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
BuZz wrote:And I should have checked my email as Don Adan has sent a depacker for the tunes.. what a star..
Amen!
Cheers!

asle

Post by asle »

sounds fun, I'll have a look tonight and probably make a fool of myself :). Fun anyway ... ahaha.

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

asle wrote:sounds fun, I'll have a look tonight and probably make a fool of myself :). Fun anyway ... ahaha.

Sylvain
Just so you know asle, a complete rip has been done. I just need to check it and package it up/upload it somewhere. The rip meets all the competition criteria, so really we have the winner already.

asle

Post by asle »

BuZz wrote: Just so you know asle, a complete rip has been done. I just need to check it and package it up/upload it somewhere. The rip meets all the competition criteria, so really we have the winner already.
I guessed so, but this new format was somewhat interresting. Oh, well, I guess I could wait for your upload and grab the files. I'll still have a look tonight, competition or not :wink:

Sylvain

--edit
Ok, had a look :). Found a unknown format in data/602 (started from the last files) with a replay which seem to begin at $45a40, the music being before that, with sample data before sample header and before track data (?). Tracks seem undecipharable :). Reminds me of Promizer 1.8a where there was some pointer instead of note data, but here, there's no ref table :). arg. Must spend some time on this one. I'm sure there's something simple here, but I can't quite grasp what it is. Well, maybe later :).
In the meantime, if some1 has a clue, please tell me (asle at free.fr). Will add this one in Prowiz for sure, once understood, that is :?

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

hey asle!

- im waiting for an update :D
-- you cant escape Muerto --

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

You can find Don Adan's full rip, player, depacker and depacked tunes at

http://www.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/exotica/Cedric_Rip.lha