80's german song ... (special question for zeg)

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

dblanco

80's german song ... (special question for zeg)

Post by dblanco »

Although this song I don't believe that it has been used in any AMIGA intro, I hope you can help me to identify it.

As German, perhaps, you remember a song of the 80 performed by a German group.

If you know it, it is easily recognizable, because it is exactly the same melody that later (in 90's) "Nerf Herder" has been used in the television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." But, in the original song, the refrain is not with electric guitar, but with a feminine choir of voices, while a masculine voice recites german words. The original song also has a slower rhythm.

Well, this it is another of my curiosities for years, in short from the first time that I saw in TV "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

Greetings to the whole AMIGA community.

Best wishes,

David

zeg

Post by zeg »

Hm, for the moment. I have got no idea. Sorry.
Have also never seen the tv serie Buffy, and Nerf Herder.
What about the IMDB, and have a look for the music artists there?

bye bye

dblanco

Post by dblanco »

None information at this respect in IMDB neither in Internet. I am surprised that a series of so much success, no spectator has related the two songs.

Any way, thank you zeg.

kris

Post by kris »

it's a quite generic rock melody.
if you think it was german, it could be "Scorpions" perhaps the swedish "Europe".