Upgraded to phpbb3

All news regarding the website or the forum will be posted here. This will include website updates, features and anything else considered suitable. Only Forum Moderators may make new posts here, but all registered users may reply.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, menace

BuZz
Site Admin

Upgraded to phpbb3

Post by BuZz »

Hi,

As it was suggested in another thread that I should upgrade, I have done so. Not everyone will like it im sure, but there was a chance to say yes or no, and the yes' got it. Right now consider the look/feel as a preliminary version. I may well shift stuff around. Please let me know if you want anything in particular. For example, I prefer usernames/avatars on the left when reading threads (so you read first who wrote it. then what they wrote). This will be one chance I will probably make shortly.

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded to phpbb3

Post by BuZz »

Profiles have now been moved to the left - which I prefer, as I like to see who posted before reading what was posted. (Also it does seem to be most peoples preference)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Aye, it looks better on the left! :wink:
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Noticed the drop-down menus were broken on ie6. Lame browser. Re-implemented JS workaround as we do on the wiki site so it will work now.

spectral

Post by spectral »

[quote="BuZz"]Noticed the drop-down menus were broken on ie6. Lame browser. Re-implemented JS workaround as we do on the wiki site so it will work now.[/quote]

IE6 (and 7 and 8) shouldn't be supported at all.. *cough*hover*cough*

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Yeh, I wish they would fix that hover speed problem.

MIcrosoft made a bad decision I think not allowing win2k users to run newer IE than 6. Probably good for firefox etc though.

I got a mail from a client yesterday asking me to fix some tiny IE6 bugs on their site where there was a missing 1 pixel line on a small box.. great. .. :(