searching for protracker 3.6 or 4.0 replayer

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

cf

searching for protracker 3.6 or 4.0 replayer

Post by cf »

hi

I have trouble with a module. It seems to be done with protracker 3.6x or 4.0 because doesn't played properly with protracker 3.0x.
I have tested replayer from protracker 1.1 to 3.00b, and nothing work ! only a modified version 3.0a based on protracker 2.xx is able to play it, but not good at all : only 1 or 2 voices, almost no sound on 2 others ones. and a sample "crash" at 1'30/1'40

grab the mod here if you want to test it.

it's played wonderful under XMplay, modplug..., but I want to use it on a real Amiga :P

thanx

Kaminari

Re: searching for protracker 3.6 or 4.0 replayer

Post by Kaminari »

Have you searched the ever reliable Aminet?

http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/Protracker3.61
http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/PT4_Beta2

There's apparently a 3.62 floating around, didn't look for it though.

cf

Post by cf »

nop
there are no replayer source in v4
in the 3.61, it's the 2.1 replayer and doesnt work with this module

Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

If it doesn't play correctly on the Miggy, it might be a TakeTracker/FastTracker mod, which would explain why PC players don't have a problem with it.

cf

Post by cf »

err...no. It's a st/nt/pt module made in 1994. tested with Protracker 3.6 and 4 on Miggy, it works fine
I know the difference between PC modules and Amiga modules. I'm searching assembler code source of protracker 3.61, 3.62 or 4.0

cf

Post by cf »

what is this option "time limited edition" ?!?
impossible to change a stupid thing on the first post : I tested the module on a real Amiga with Protracker 3.01, 3.61, 3.62 and 4.0b, and it works fine with 3.61+ versions of protracker.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

the source for protracker 4 beta 2 is on aminet. It has some replayer code with it but it looks a bit old (and you might have already tried it).

As for the editing of posts. It is to stop people changing their posts later on, and once people have replied, I guess changing a first post can change the way a discussion looks. I don't see any reason why someone might need to change it so much later - rather than just adding a new post ?