Alternate Reality & War in Middle Earth

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Laraine

Alternate Reality & War in Middle Earth

Post by Laraine »

Hello

Since I had a Amiga it is long ago. I really liked the music of Alternate Reality (Amiga Version) and WiME. Hoping to get the music of those two great titles playable on my Mac I tried my luck with a emulation, even brought a UAE distribution on CD from Amazon, but it is way to much time that have passed and my knowledge about the old system seems to have rusted.

The problem with those 2 titles is, that they wheren't simply using modules, but scores from the old Music Craft followup SONIX. There are tools to convert them to modules, however the tools require a working Amiga system and, as far I gather, a Soundtracker. (wow thats ages ago I used a tracker)

Here comes my question.
Is by chance anyone out there who already did either convert the soundtrack of those two game already as Mod or happen to have the Songs saved as MP3/Wav/IFF or similar?

Regards
Laraine

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Alternate Reality & War in Middle Earth

Post by BuZz »

Laraine wrote: Here comes my question.
Is by chance anyone out there who already did either convert the soundtrack of those two game already as Mod or happen to have the Songs saved as MP3/Wav/IFF or similar?
I dont think we have ripped these, but I will check. It should be easy enough to make an mp3 recording though once they are ripped. I am unfamiliar with Mac OSX music players but if you can compile uade on OSX that should be able to play the music from the game. http://zakalwe.fi

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Correction. We do have War in middle earth ripped. Is there a particular tune you wanted as mp3 or all of it ?

Laraine

Post by Laraine »

BuZz wrote:Correction. We do have War in middle earth ripped. Is there a particular tune you wanted as mp3 or all of it ?
All I would really love.

Big thanks!

By chance also Alternate Reality?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

try these:

http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/exoti ... _earth.zip

the other tune needs ripping (I think), so I don't have that handy.

Laraine

Post by Laraine »

:butt2: Great. Thanks! (they went to my collection for my MP3 player.)

Thank you very much.
:bouncy:

Could you please have a look on Track-smus.ShortVictory.ogg by chance? Think some part if it got lost.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Laraine wrote:Is by chance anyone out there who already did either convert the soundtrack of those two game already as Mod or happen to have the Songs saved as MP3/Wav/IFF or similar?
If it's MP3 versions of real Amiga music you're after, then you should give Stone Oakvalley's Amiga Music Collection (SOAMC=) a visit. :wink:

The project is almost complete.
Cheers!