Rub Hubbard2 tunes now completly gone

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

spacefractal

Rub Hubbard2 tunes now completly gone

Post by spacefractal »

I think I have wrote about this some years ago (hence I wont bumb that thread), but after the redesign all these tunes is now completly gone.

Examples is games like North & South and Hostages.

they could been downloaded throuch the file format page, but it not noticed anymore. Have the format been changed or renamed?

All tunes did work fine, but I have missed them now.

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Rub Hubbard2 tunes now completly gone

Post by BuZz »

They are not gone. They are alive and well on the old site. The old exotic music archive has not yet been transferred (although all files are on the ftp).

http://old.exotica.org.uk/tunes/pages-f ... ard-2.html

The tunes are all game tunes, so should be part of the unexotica collection (at some point).

spacefractal

Post by spacefractal »

I think I should update the wiki with all tunes, even I think the name of the format is completly wrong, but they just named after him, even he have nothing do with the tunes at all.

I think all uses can edit when first registred, if yes, I would do that soon.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Any help would be most appreciated.

With the RH2 format stuff specifically we would probably be better off getting it into the unexotica collection, but many of the exotic tracks that are not game related could easily be added onto the already existing "formats" pages on the wiki. Feel free to use the wiki section in the forum to discuss changes or for any advice.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

totally offtopic - but havent you got my PM BuZz??
-- you cant escape Muerto --

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Sorry. I read it whilst away from the house and forgot to reply. replied now.

spacefractal

Post by spacefractal »

just checked them all out, and they are all games and is listed with screenshots at lemonamiga.com - so wonder not listed in all these years and never checked?

For the demo tunes, they can just mark them as a demo. I even have to many tunes listed than missing some games.

If it not a game, it could been marked as a demo in somewhare in the indepth page where the game tunes is listed.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spacefractal wrote:just checked them all out, and they are all games and is listed with screenshots at lemonamiga.com - so wonder not listed in all these years and never checked?

For the demo tunes, they can just mark them as a demo. I even have to many tunes listed than missing some games.

If it not a game, it could been marked as a demo in somewhare in the indepth page where the game tunes is listed.
Sure and all the demo tunes from the old site can be integrated into the demo section of unexotica, but all this requires time, and we don't always have the free time. You might notice that despite being a wiki, most people just download from, or read the site. If you want, we can give you full access to unexotica and you can add all the missing tunes :)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I've been waiting for a new "Rob Hubbard II" replayer to be created all this time.

It's been quite a few years since UnExoticA sprang to life, so maybe we've waited long enough! :wink:
Cheers!