Bob Wakelin, RiP
Sunday, 21 January 2018
Still with a feeling of utter disbelief, it is our sad duty to report the untimely passing of Bob Wakelin.
Bob played a large part during what is now regarded as the golden age of video gaming with his instantly memorable artwork.
Our thoughts are with his family.
A Temporal Shift album by Uncle Art
Sunday, 28 June 2015
Just two weeks left to back this new Kickstarter funded album by Dave Lowe, which is to feature remakes of classic Amiga, Atari ST and C64 soundtracks. The highlight of the project will be a full orchestral performance of the Frontier soundtrack by the Chamber Orchestra Of London at the famous Abbey Road studios.
Insert Disk 2 album by Instant Remedy
Monday, 8 June 2015
Seven years in the making, the latest album Insert Disk 2 by Instant Remedy is now available to pre-order from Dutch label 010101 Music (of "Paula Agnus Denise" fame). The album features 12 remixes of Amiga game and demo music, expertly mastered by Holger Lagerfeldt and will premiere June 20th, 2015 at the Back in Time Brighton party.
ZX Spectrum: a visual compendium / The Spectrum Works album on Kickstarter
Sunday, 7 June 2015
It's the final week of this latest venture by Bitmap Books. This Kickstarter has several stretch goals, the highlight of which has to be The Spectrum Works album by veteran musician Allister Brimble. Tracks on the CD will include modern remixes of classic ZX Spectrum tracks such as Robocop (Jonathan Dunn), Agent X (Tim Follin) and Glider Rider (David Whittaker). This CD will only be available to Kickstarter backers and not available afterwards.
Dave Lowe / Uncle Art on Kickstarter (reboot)
Last 5 New Pages
- 20:14, 4 September 2017 The Galway Works (hist) [1,317 bytes] XtC (Provisional entry for this album.)
- 19:31, 4 September 2017 David Whittaker - Amiga Works (hist) [1,206 bytes] XtC (Provisional entry for this album.)
- 11:47, 30 August 2017 Mellow Chips/Reviews (hist) [3,333 bytes] XtC (Moved the reviews from the main Mellow Chips page to here.)
- 11:43, 29 August 2017 Mellow/Reviews (hist) [275 bytes] XtC (Moved the reviews from the main Mellow page to here.)
- 11:42, 22 August 2017 Megahead/Reviews (hist) [2,757 bytes] XtC (Moved the reviews from the main Megahead page to here.)
To see all recent wiki changes please refer to the Recent Changes page.
- UnExoticA is an collection of music from Amiga games and Demo Scene productions. All files in the collection are presented in the original file formats.
- Modland is a very large, and well organised module archive created and maintained by Daniel Johansson, which contains over 400,000 music modules in more than 300 different formats. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which includes the ability to search and display instrument data, as well as downloading recordings in ogg and mp3 format.
- HVSC is the ultimate SID tune collection featuring over 36,000 popular and requested tunes from the Commodore 64. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which allows the searching and display of related data from the SID Tune Information List
- Amiga Game Box Scans is a gallery of high quality scans of Amiga games boxes. There is some really fantastic and memorable artwork here. The scans available in this gallery have also been used to create the Exoticons icon set for Amiga computers. There are also Amiga Utility Box Scans and an Amiga Educational Box Scans areas in development.
- A gallery of game box artwork from Bob Wakelin each one with some comments from Bob about the work and designs.
- Scenery - a guide to the C64 and Amiga demoscene. It has information on releases, parties and groups, and is extremely comprehensive. It's an attempt to cover an important part of digital history, to accurately document things and events that otherwise might be forgotten.
- Amiga Demo Database - An alternative search frontend to the Bitworld demo collection which contains more than 23,000 demo releases. Allows browsing by name, group, type, party and many other advanced search options.
Media and Magazines
- AM/FM - A disk based magazine from the well known Game music composer called Bjørn Lynne (a.k.a. Dr. Awesome) featuring news, reviews, music and audio software.
- Exoticons is an Icon pack for HD installed Amiga Games created from high quality box scans. The most recent version contains 1500 icons and comes in a version for NewIcons and OS3.5/3.9.
- Alien Breed Tower Assault Movies - the complete intro and outro movies for this classic CD³² game converted from from CDXL. Includes humorous overview of main story with screenshots and comments.
- Lost In Translation is an attempt to show how well arcade games and movies survived the conversion process to the home computer or console - and vice versa!
- Visit the ExoticA Forum to discuss and chat with other users. Note that as the wiki and forum use different software you will need to make an additional account to post to the forum.
Wiki Dumps and Files
- Textual Content as XML - Directory Listing - For preservation purposes and to make the content fully available to the public, daily dumps of the site as XML are available for download. The xml also contains complete revision history of each page and we have the last three months online for download.
- Wiki based graphics - Directory Listing - The graphical content of the wiki is also available from the ftp and is dumped every so often. Note that many of the images may be copyrighted, and some are licensed specifically for ExoticA. Please check before using.
- File archive - Directory Listing - The rest of the sites files are available from FTP - excluding a few collections like Modland which are listed on the Modland page itself.