Lost In Translation/Check Man
|Main CPU||Z80 (@ 3.072 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 1.620 MHz)
AY-3-8910A (@ 1.790 MHz)
256 x 224 pixels
98 Palette colours
|ROM Info||10 ROMs|
18,464 bytes (18.03 KiB)
|MAME ID||checkman · checkmaj|
About The Game
- Clearing a square by walking over it : 10 points.
- Collecting flags : 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 points etc.
- Defusing a bomb with 50-60 seconds remaining : 3,000 points.
- Defusing a bomb with 40-49 seconds remaining : 2,500 points.
- Defusing a bomb with 30-39 seconds remaining : 2,000 points.
- Defusing a bomb with 20-29 seconds remaining : 1,500 points.
- Defusing a bomb with 10-19 seconds remaining : 1,000 points.
- Defusing a bomb with 1-9 seconds remaining : 500 points.
Tips and tricks
- Collect all of the flags on the early levels as there is no great threat from the boots.
- Scroll bombs to the opposite edge of the screen so you can easily collect them and move back to your starting side.
- At the start of each level you get a few seconds where the boots can not move. Make use of this time to get to the first bomb.
- If two bombs are ticking down, get the closest one first unless the other is much closer to exploding.
- Move the floor away from boots to trap them.
- If you trap a boot on a single square, you can move the square away from underneath it, trapping it on empty space.
- Designed And Programmed By
- Peter Hughes
- Duncan Shortland
- Malcolm Mailer
- Music By
- Robin Cartwright
Cabinet and Artwork
- Commodore C64 (1983, "Grid Trap")
- BBC Micro/Acorn Electron (19xx, "Danger UXB", Micropower)