TuneNet started out as an simple OS4 native CLI tool designed to play MP3's and shoutcast streams. Gradually a GUI was added along with general music playing features, making it more useful as a general MP3 player. Eventually a plugin system was added allowing it to play Protracker modules and AIFF tracks. Since then there have been a lot more 3rd party plugins and TuneNet can now play quite a few formats. In 2006 TuneNet also gained the ability to broadcast whatever was being played to a shoutcast server.
TuneNet has a standard ReAction GUI, but a flexible skinned GUI is in development and should be released mid-2007. Aside from the main GUI, it also has the ability to put a miniture skinned interface into a Dock bar, known as a "Docky".
- Plays MP3's and MP3 Shoutcast streams.
- Integrates with IBrowse and AWeb.
- Editable Playlist.
- Built in Internet Stream Searching facility.
- Drag and Drop with recursive loading.
- Sound Level display.
- Station and current tune display.
- Reaction GUI and OS4 native
- Plugin Support (Players).
- HD Save for Streams.
- IDV3.2 tag support.
- Docky Skinable Interface
- Search / Sorting and Editing facilities.
- Different Playing Facilities (XFade, Gapless Play etc..)
- Sub Song Support.
- On the fly resampling / multi-channel mixing.
- Encoder support and Shoutcast compatible Broadcasting.
- Extended M3U playlist support + Station saving within playlists.
- Scrollwheel support.
- Graphical buttons for the Reaction GUI
- Extra list support (Artist Album etc..)
Work in Progress and Planned Features
- Mic input for broadcasting.
- Fully Skinable GUI.
- DSP plugins
|MP3||Player for MP3 files|
|AIFF||Player for Audio Interchange File Format files|
|MOD||Protracker Module files|
|AAC||Apple's audio format for iTunes|
|AHX||Abyss' Highest eXperience (via HVL plugin)|
|AY||Spectrum AY emulation (via GME plugin)|
|FLAC||Lossless compressed audio streams|
|GBS||Gameboy sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|GYM||Sega Megadrive/Genesis sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|HES||PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|KSS||MSX Home Computer sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|NSF/NSFE||Nintendo 8-bit/Famicom sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|SAP||Atari XL sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|SID||6581/8580 SID emulation|
|SMS||Sega Master System sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|SPC||Super Nintendo sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|VGM/VGZ||BBC Micro, Colecovision, Sega 32X, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Sega Mega CD, Sega Megadrive, Sega SG-1000 sound emulation (via GME plugin)|
|VTX||ZX Spectrum AY emulation|
|YM||Atari ST YM emulation|