Music Collection Updates
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
At the end of last year http://asma.atari.org/ released v3.7 of its Atari SAP Music Archive bringing the collection to a total of 5016 tunes! ExoticA provides a mirror of the archive as well as a web interface for searching and browsing. This has now been updated, and can be used to stream the music as ogg or mp3 without the need for a specialised player.
We also run a mirror of the Modland music collection. Our mirror is now up to date again after Modland moved home, and some changes have been made to the web interface we offer for it, including switching to XMP for playback of some of the multichannel module formats. With this change some additional (mostly PC) tracker formats can now be streamed as ogg/mp3 including - Digibooster Pro, Digitrakker, Epic Megagames MASI, Farandole Composer, Graoumf Tracker, Imago Orpheus, Liquid Tracker, Multitracker, Octalyser, Polytracker, TCB Tracker, Ultratracker and X-Tracker. Note the support and accuracy of this can vary between tracker - further information regarding XMP can be found at http://xmp.sourceforge.net/. These changes also affect the XBMC frontend - http://addons.xbmc.org/show/plugin.audio.modland/ - which allows streaming of tunes from Modland direct to your HTPC. The Modland addon for XBMC is available from the official XBMC Repository.
Finally I would like to thank Ronaldvd for his many contributions to the wiki over the past couple of years, including important corrections, structural cleanups and improvements. You have made a massive difference, and your help is always appreciated. Cheers :)
- http://asma.atari.org/ - Official ASMA site
- http://xmp.sourceforge.net/ - Extended Module Player website.
- http://www.xbmc.org - XBMC Media Center - Open Source Home Theatre Software
Putty Squad is released and HVSC Update
Wednesday, 25 December 2013
After 20 years, Putty Squad by System 3 is released for the Amiga and can be downloaded for free from their website. Huge thanks to them for making this possible, and to Galahad for his work in restoring the game from the original development files. Further information regarding the story can be found on Codetapper's Amiga Retro Site.
The HVSC Team has released v60 of their C64 Music Collection. The collection now contains more than 44,000 SID tunes. You can download from our mirror as well as using the web based search interface to stream the music as mp3/ogg. Big thanks to the HVSC Team, and to the C64 scene for continuing to produce excellent C64 music.
Happy Xmas everyone :)
- http://www.system3.com/promotional-download/puttysquadamiga/ - Putty Squad page on System 3.
- http://www.codetapper.com/amiga/interviews/galahad-masters-amiga-putty-squad/ - How the Amiga version of Putty Squad finally ended up being released.
- http://www.hvsc.de/ - Official HVSC site.
Turrican Soundtrack Anthology early download version
Wednesday, 27 November 2013
Emails have gone out to backers of Chris Hülsbeck's Turrican Soundtrack Anthology Kickstarter project, with download links for all 4 CD's as FLAC, mp3 and other formats. The email contained the message:
A lot of work has gone into this, and the music is excellent. Hopefully backers will also receive the hard copies soon, but it's great to be able to listen to the music in the meantime. Thanks Chris :)
Last 5 New Pages
- 17:11, 10 April 2014 Paula (hist) [1,684 bytes] Ronaldvd (new page)
- 16:10, 9 March 2014 MicroProse Formula One Grand Prix (hist) [2,352 bytes] UnExoticA (Updated to match UnExoticA collection)
- 16:05, 9 March 2014 MicroProse Soccer (hist) [4,094 bytes] UnExoticA (Updated to match UnExoticA collection)
- 16:05, 9 March 2014 DreamWeb (hist) [2,305 bytes] UnExoticA (Updated to match UnExoticA collection)
- 21:15, 5 February 2014 Striker (hist) [157 bytes] Ronaldvd (create disambiguation page)
To see all recent wiki changes please refer to the Recent Changes page.
- UnExoticA is an collection of music from Amiga games and Demo Scene productions. All files in the collection are presented in the original file formats.
- Modland is a very large, and well organised module archive created and maintained by Daniel Johansson, which contains over 400,000 music modules in more than 300 different formats. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which includes the ability to search and display instrument data, as well as downloading recordings in ogg and mp3 format.
- HVSC is the ultimate SID tune collection featuring over 36,000 popular and requested tunes from the Commodore 64. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which allows the searching and display of related data from the SID Tune Information List
- Amiga Game Box Scans is a gallery of high quality scans of Amiga games boxes. There is some really fantastic and memorable artwork here. The scans available in this gallery have also been used to create the Exoticons icon set for Amiga computers. There are also Amiga Utility Box Scans and an Amiga Educational Box Scans areas in development.
- A gallery of game box artwork from Bob Wakelin each one with some comments from Bob about the work and designs.
- Scenery - a guide to the C64 and Amiga demoscene. It has information on releases, parties and groups, and is extremely comprehensive. It's an attempt to cover an important part of digital history, to accurately document things and events that otherwise might be forgotten.
- Amiga Demo Database - An alternative search frontend to the Bitworld demo collection which contains more than 23,000 demo releases. Allows browsing by name, group, type, party and many other advanced search options.
Media and Magazines
- AM/FM - A disk based magazine from the well known Game music composer called Bjørn Lynne (a.k.a. Dr. Awesome) featuring news, reviews, music and audio software.
- Exoticons is an Icon pack for HD installed Amiga Games created from high quality box scans. The most recent version contains 1500 icons and comes in a version for NewIcons and OS3.5/3.9.
- Alien Breed Tower Assault Movies - the complete intro and outro movies for this classic CD³² game converted from from CDXL. Includes humorous overview of main story with screenshots and comments.
- Lost In Translation is an attempt to show how well arcade games and movies survived the conversion process to the home computer or console - and vice versa!
- Visit the ExoticA Forum to discuss and chat with other users. Note that as the wiki and forum use different software you will need to make an additional account to post to the forum.
Wiki Dumps and Files
- Textual Content as XML - Directory Listing - For preservation purposes and to make the content fully available to the public, daily dumps of the site as XML are available for download. The xml also contains complete revision history of each page and we have the last three months online for download.
- Wiki based graphics - Directory Listing - The graphical content of the wiki is also available from the ftp and is dumped every so often. Note that many of the images may be copyrighted, and some are licensed specifically for ExoticA. Please check before using.
- File archive - Directory Listing - The rest of the sites files are available from FTP - excluding a few collections like Modland which are listed on the Modland page itself.