Talk:Lost In Translation/Out Run
|MSX1 (1986, U.S. Gold)|
|Commodore C64 (1987)|
|Amstrad CPC (1987)|
|Sinclair ZX Spectrum (1987)|
|Commodore Amiga (1988)|
|Atari ST (1989)|
|PC [MS-DOS, 5.25"] (1989)|
|PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (1999, "Sega Smash Pack")|
- LCD tabletop (large) game (1989, Tiger Electronics) (5 different races)
- Mobile phones (2002)
if you wanted to use these icons, we could possibly automate adding them. Although I would think its possible to add them without using a table (i would recommend not using a table for this simple layout).
Do we have permission to use them btw. I know we give full credit, but what is the license for them ?
BuZz 14:54, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Also, it might have been an idea to give them smaller filenames ;-)
BuZz 14:56, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
I'm happy to not use tables, perhaps you could show me how you would prefer it to be done?
I have e-mailed the author seeking permission, but have not received a reply yet. It's slightly worrying that the authors web page hasn't been updated since January 2006!
The webadmin of OverClocked Remix pointed me to where he got the icons he uses for their site.
This is from the readme.html that is bundled with the icons:
- Legal Stuff
- This icon set is provided for personal desktop use only. You may not redistribute or sell these icons for any goods or services. You are free to redistribute this set provided you do not add, remove or modify anything in the set, including this "Read Me" file.
- If you want to do the following, you must contact the author to get permission:
- use the icons on a personal/commercial webpage
- modify the icons, create derivative works, or export into other formats (GIF, PNG, etc.)
- include this icon set for commercial purposes (CDs, magazines, etc.)
- include it as part of a icon suite or package
- include it as part of a software program
As I say, I've e-mailed the author seeking permission. Just playing the waiting game now... XtC 15:44, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
OK. I will show you a different layout, but perhaps we should wait until we get permission though. And if we don't get permission, I think we shouldn't use them and find other suitable ones (to avoid having to remove them in future for example).
BuZz 16:07, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Thinking about it, as these icons don't cover all systems perhaps it would be better if we make some icons from photos of the consoles? Then we are guaranteed to be able to find images for all of them? Otherwise we will miss some icons and would have to create some in the same style.
There is also the thing that the icons are the cherry on the cake, but the cake hasnt even been baked yet. imho lost in translation needs content, rather than icons ;-)
BuZz 17:46, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
These pre-made icons are ideal and will save us a hell of a lot of time.
Agreed, LiT is still in it's infancy, but there is no harm in laying down the proper foundations for others to build on. These icons aren't the "cherry on the cake", but if they are it's only because the cake is a "black forest gateau"! :-)
XtC 15:40, 7 February 2008 (UTC)