Lost In Translation/Aero Fighters 2
|Aero Fighters 2|
|Manufacturer||Video System Co.|
68000 (@ 12.000 MHz)
Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)
YM2610 (@ 8.000 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||20 ROMs|
14,745,600 bytes (14.06 MiB)
About The Game
Aero Fighters 2 is a vertically scrolling arcade video game shoot-em-up sequel to the superb "Aero Fighters".
Players once again take control of a jet fighter aircraft and take to the skies to destroy enemy jets, boats, helicopters, gun emplacements and huge end-of-level bosses. The graphics are every bit as accomplished as those of the prequel and the game delivers a good level of challenge.
The end-of-level bosses change from game-to-game; a nice touch that adds variety to an already solid game.
Players can choose to play as any one of eight different fighter pilots, each of which pilots a different jet :
- American F-117A Nighthawk piloted by Robo-Keaton.
- American A-10 Thunderbolt II piloted by Mao Mao.
- Japanese Fighter-Support X piloted by Hien.
- Japanese F-15 Eagle piloted by Captain Silver.
- International F-14 Tomcat piloted by Cindy and Ellen.
- International YF-23 Black Widow II piloted by Spanky.
- French Rafale piloted by Steve.
- British Sea Harrier FRS2 piloted by Bobby.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Main shot, [B] Special weapon
Released in July 1994.
This game is known in Japan as "Sonic Wings 2".
This represent the second game in the "Aero Fighters" series and the first one on the Neo-Geo MVS.
The game's storyline changes according to the pilots currently selected, this applies to the endings as well. So try out different pair combinations in order to see some truly wacky endings!
In one part of the city in the Japan stage, you can see Red Rabbit (from "Rabio Lepus") on a sign, a poster of Mao Mao, a small sign with Mambu on it, and of course that infamous 'Heroin Magic' sign. Also, Check out the theme park in the U.S.A. stage. Among the rides, you can see the Red Rabbit, Tenukie, and Mambu.
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to 'OH!'.
In the Japanese version of the game, Spanky is called Whity and Steve is called Angela.
- Aero Fighters / Sonic Wings (1992)
- Aero Fighters 2 / Sonic Wings 2 (1994)
- Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3 (1995)
- Sonic Wings Limited (1996)
- Aero Fighters Assault (1997, Nintendo 64)
- Count IKuei
- K. Yamamotoya
- Armored Cruiser
- Oh! Kawara
- Manbow Yokoyama
- Soushi Hosoi (Hoso-Q)
- K. Nakajima
- T. Sakon
- T. Tateishi
Cabinet and Artwork
- SNK Neo-Geo CD (1994)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Sonic Wings 2||PCCB-00158||1994-12-16||Pony Canyon, Scitron Label|