Lost In Translation/Alpine Ski
|Main CPU||Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 3.000 MHz)
(4x) AY-3-8910A (@ 1.500 MHz)
256 x 224 pixels
64 Palette colours
|ROM Info||14 ROMs|
53,504 bytes (52.25 KiB)
|MAME ID||alpine · alpinea|
About The Game
Alpine Ski has the player maneuvering a skier through a downhill ski course, a slalom course, and a ski jumping competition.
Released in April 1982.
Eric Olofson holds the official record for this game with 500,774 points on November 23, 1982.
Tips and tricks
Here's A Way To Get Ridiculously High Scores In Alpine Ski : Go thru the downhill section with the points flags very slowly and avoid collecting positive points :
- There's some point in the course (should be easy to find) where there's a negative points flag near trees that can be crashed into. This trick is best done here.
- Collect negative points to roll your score back under zero. You will be granted massive time on the massive points you have. Unfortunately, time will be taken off at an incredible rate.
- Run over the negative points flag as necessary to get rid of the points you win just by moving forward and crashing into the nearby trees.
- Repeat Step 4 until you've run out of time. You now have a completely unbeatable high-score which (if it were 1981) people would beg you to tell them how you did it.
WARNING : ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY DON'T GO BACK ACROSS ZERO OR YOUR GAME WILL END IMMEDIATELY!!!
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2005, "Taito Memories Vol. 1")
- Microsoft XBOX (2006, "Taito Legends 2")
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2006, "Taito Legends 2")
- PC [CD-ROM] (2006, "Taito Legends 2")