Lost In Translation/Art of Fighting
|Art of Fighting|
68000 (@ 12.000 MHz)
Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)
YM2610 (@ 8.000 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||20 ROMs|
14,745,600 bytes (14.06 MiB)
About The Game
Art of Fighting is an early Neo-Geo martial arts fighting game with 2 selectable characters in 1-player mode and 8 selectable characters in 2-player mode, which also features a long-nosed end boss. Progressive damage is shown on each fighter's face for a dramatic effect.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 4
= > [A] Punching attack, [B] Kicking attack, [C] Throw enemy, [D] Taunt
Released in September 1992.
This game is known in Japan as "Ryuuko no Ken" (translates from Japanese as 'Dragon and Tiger Fist').
A bootleg of this game is known as "Fit of Fighting".
SNK's second fighting-game franchise. It was the first fighting game by SNK to feature the character designs of former SNK illustrator Shinkiro, who would go on to do the character designs for the later "Fatal Fury" and "The King of Fighters" games.
This is the first fighting game to feature the 'camera zoom' - where the camera zooms in when the fighters are close together and zooms out when the fighters move away from each other. This is also the first fighting game to utilize a 'spirit meter'. Every time a special move is executed the spirit meter is depleted accordingly. The more powerful the special move, the more it depletes. When it's empty special moves can't be done anymore, however, you can recharge the spirit meter by standing still and holding the A or B button leaving you totally defenseless.
The Haou Shokou Ken was referred to as the Haou Ken (or as the game put it, the 'Haow-Ken'). Its similarity to Ryu's (of "Street Fighter" fame) Hadou Ken forced the name change.
The character's fighting stance and their victory pose depends on how beaten up they are.
Tips and tricks
- Play as Todoh, Jack, Lee, King, Micky and John : player 2 must join.
- Play as Mr. Big and Mr. Karate : reach them on 1P Game, then player 2 must join.
- Move Command Delay : its possible to input the commands for any special or super move but it is not necessary to press the corresponding attack button right away, this allows you to delay any move for as long as you want in order to surprise an opponent! This trick also enables you to perform slower versions of some special moves such as projectile attacks. Try it! :)
- Eikichi Kawasaki
- Finish Hiroshi
- Dog Akira
- John Guso
- Cross.Moon D.S.K
- Obj. Designers
- Muta Teizon
- Kama Kama
- Kylly Maclako
- Tony Oki (Tony.R.Oki)
- Outim Amadok Eel
- Ayustat Shin 25
- I000.Taroh Age22
- Dir Tetsuzan
- 555 Zi5han
- Gmhenson Jr
- Back Designers
- H Skallter
- Masahiko Hataya (Papaya)
- Jojoha Kitapy
- Toshio Shimizm (as Shimizum)
- Voice Actors
- Ryo - Masaki Usui
- Robert - Eiji Yano
- King - Harumi Ikoma
- Lee - Eiji Yano
- Jack - ???
- John - ???
- Micky - ???
- Todo - ???
Cabinet and Artwork
- Nintendo Super Famicom (1993)
- Sega Mega Drive (1994)
- NEC PC-Engine CD (1994)
- SNK Neo-Geo CD (1994)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2006, "Neo Geo Online Collection Vol.4 : Art of Fighting")
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Art of Fighting||PCCB-00101||1992-11-20||Pony Canyon Inc.||CD version.|
|Neo Geo Collector's Box||PCCB-00126||1993-09-17||Pony Canyon/Scitron||3 CD version.|
|NEO SELECTION - NEO-GEO Fighting Tournament Best / SNK.ADK||PCCB-00141||1993-12-17||Pony Canyon/Scitron||CD version.|
|Neo•Geo Super Live! 1994||PCCB-00161||1994-10-05||Pony Canyon||CD version.|
|Neo Geo Collector's Box||PCCB-00127||1993-09-17||Pony Canyon/Scitron||3 CD version.|
|Samurai Spirits Drama CD||PCCB-00300||1998-03-04||Pony Canyon/Scitron||CD version.|
|Super Famicom Magazine Volume 11 - The Fighting Game Special & New Game Sound Museum||TIM-SFC11||1993-11-01||Tokuma Shoten Publishing||CD version.|
|Scitron 10th Anniversary Special CD Sampler||DMCZ-300098||1998-01-01||Scitron Label||2 CD version.|
|Gaesen Oh - Scitron Game Music Mega Mix Vol.1||KGCD-0001||1994-01-01||Pony Canyon/Scitron||CD version.|
- Art of Fighting (CD) at the VGMdb
- Neo Geo Collector's Box (CD) at the VGMdb
- NEO SELECTION - NEO-GEO Fighting Tournament Best / SNK.ADK (CD) at the VGMdb
- Neo•Geo Super Live! 1994 (CD) at the VGMdb
- Neo Geo Collector's Box (CD) at the VGMdb
- Samurai Spirits Drama CD (CD) at the VGMdb
- Super Famicom Magazine Volume 11 - The Fighting Game Special & New Game Sound Museum (CD) at the VGMdb
- Scitron 10th Anniversary Special CD Sampler (CD) at the VGMdb
- Gaesen Oh - Scitron Game Music Mega Mix Vol.1 (CD) at the VGMdb