Lost In Translation/Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom
|Buck Rogers |
Planet of Zoom
|Main CPU||(3x) Z80 (@ 4.992 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 4.992 MHz)
512 x 224 pixels
1,024 Palette colours
|ROM Info||23 ROMs|
191,040 bytes (186.56 KiB)
|MAME ID||buckrog · buckrogn · zoom909|
About The Game
Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom is a chase-view shoot-em-up.
Released in December 1982.
Also released as "Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom [Upright model]"
This game is also known as "Zoom 909".
This games continue feature was unlimited, (which made the high score meaningless). That 'feature' made the game unpopular with the best players, (what's the point if you can just buy the top score ?).
Kelly Keenan holds the official record for this game with 1,016,495 points on April 12, 1984.
- Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom [Cockpit model] (1982)
- Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom [Upright model] (1982)
- Buck Rogers - Countdown To Doomsday (1990 - MS-DOS)
- Buck Rogers - Matrix Cubed (1992 - MS-DOS)
- Security By
- Masatoshi Mizunaga
Cabinet and Artwork
- Atari 2600 (1983)
- Atari 5200 (1983)
- Colecovision (1983)
- Atari XEGS
- Sega SG-1000 (1985, "Zoom 909")
- Mattel Aquarius (1982)
- Atari 800 (1983)
- Commodore VIC-20 (1983)
- Commodore C64 (1983)
- Texas Instruments TI-99/4A (1983)
- PC [Booter] (1984)
- PC [MS-DOS] (1984)
- Amstrad CPC (1985, "3D Fight")
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum (1985)
- Apple II
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Legend of Game Music ~CONSUMER BOX~||SCDC-00497~506||2006-03-24||Scitron Digital Contents||10 CD version.|