Lost In Translation/Burnin' Rubber
|Main CPU||M6502 (@ 750.000 kHz)|
M6502 (@ 500.000 kHz)
(2x) AY-3-8910A (@ 1.500 MHz)
256 x 240 pixels
16 Palette colours
|ROM Info||8 ROMs|
53,248 bytes (52.00 KiB)
|MAME ID||brubber · bnj · caractn|
About The Game
Burnin' Rubber is an overhead driving game where you jump or bump enemy cars for points.
This game is known in the US as "Bump 'n' Jump" (licensed to Bally Midway for US manufacture and distribution).
A bootleg of this game is known as "Car Action".
Marco Donadio holds the official record for this game with 2,429,540 points on October 5, 1984.
- Destroying a car : 200, 300 or 500 points, depending on car.
- End of stage bonus : 200 + 100 points/level x number of cars destroyed.
- Special Bonus : 50,000 points for destroying no cars.
Tips and tricks
- Bonus Points : if you make it through an entire board without smashing any cars, you'll get a 50,000 point bonus.
- You can jump off the edge of the screen and land on the other side. Use this tactic to escape from a tight spot, but only when the track is widest.
- Try not to get caught between three cars, as when you bump one into a wall, chances are the impact will bounce you back into the wall.
Cabinet and Artwork
- Colecovision (1982)
- Mattel Intellivision (1982)
- Atari 2600 (1983)
- Nintendo Famicom (1988)
- Commodore C64 (1983)