Lost In Translation/Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors
The Night Warriors
|Main CPU||68000 (@ 11.800 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 8.000 MHz)
Q-Sound (@ 4.000 MHz)
384 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||20 ROMs|
29,622,272 bytes (28.25 MiB)
|MAME ID||dstlk · dstlka · dstlku · dstlkur1 · vampj · vampja · vampjr1|
About The Game
Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors is a 1-on-1 fighting game featuring 10 horror-themed characters, such as werewolves, mummies, vampires etc. After defeating the nine standard opponents, 2 'boss' characters must then be beaten before the game is completed.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
= >  LP,  MP,  HP
= >  LK,  MK,  HK
Released in July 1994.
This game is known in Japan as "Vampire - The Night Warriors".
Huitzil is the diminutive of 'Huitzilopochtli' (which means 'Blue Hummingbird on the Left'). He was the chief god of the great Aztec city Tenochtitlan and after his death became the Aztec god of the Sun and War.
Suleputer released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Vampire - The Night Warriors Arcade Game Track - SRCL-2969) on 07/09/1994.
A Darkstalkers unit appears in the 1995 movie 'The Net'.
The US version has the 'Winners Don't Use Drugs' screen.
In the Japanese version :
- Jon Talbain is named 'Gallon'.
- Lord Raptor is named 'Zabel Zarock'.
- Rikuo is named 'Aulbath'.
- Huitzil is named 'Phobos'.
Tips and tricks
Character Select In Attract Mode
In attract mode, when the computer is on the Character Select screen, it's possible to choose the characters with the 1p & 2p Start buttons.
Alternate Costume Colour
Highlight a fighter at the character selection screen and press Start.
Beat the game with one credit, after inputting your name hold Down+LK+MK until the end credits appear. If done correctly, you'll be listening to the secret ending tune.
- Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors (1994)
- Night Warriors - Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995)
- Vampire Savior - The Lord of Vampire (1997)
- Vampire Hunter 2 - Darkstalkers' Revenge (1997)
- Vampire Savior 2 - The Lord of Vampire (1997)
- Darkstalkers 3 - Vampire Savior (1999, Sony PlayStation)
- Darkstalkers Chronicles - The Chaos Tower (2005, Sony PSP)
- Junichi Ohno
- Jun Koike
- Atsushi Ohuchi
- Akiyoshi Eshiro
- Toshihiko Tsuji
- Morimichi Suzuki
- Hiroshi Inaba
- Object Designers
- Hiroshi Shibata
- Keiko Kitayama
- Mizuho Kageyama
- Takashi Hayashi
- Toshikazu Matsumoto
- Kimo Kimo
- Tohru Takaoko
- Scroll Designers
- Yuki Kyotani
- Kaori Matsumoto
- Hiroyuki Imahori
- Akemi Isoe
- Tamayo Takeo
- Miyuki Hongoh
- Sound Designers
- Toshio Kajino (1970.2.25)
- Tomuyuki Kawakami (T.K NY) (1971.8.31)
- Music Composers
- Takayuki Iwai (Anarchy Takapon) (1969.11.19)
- Hideki Okugawa (Hideki.OK) (1970.3.28)
- Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Jon Talbain, Lord Raptor, Rikuo
- Yuuji Ueda
- Yayoi Jinguji
- Kae Araki
- Sasquatch, Bishamon, Anakaris, Victor, Narration
- Kan Tokumaru
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sony PlayStation (1996)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2005, "Vampire Darkstalker's Collection")
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Vampire: The Night Warriors||SRCL-2969||1994-09-07||Sony Records||CD version.|
|Dengeki CD Bunko EX - Vampire ~ The Night Warriors||MWCG-0017||1995-07-25||Media Works||CD version.|
|Vampire Hunter Gaiden ~ Donovan The Wanderer of Destiny||VICL-8152||1995-10-21||Victor Entertainment, Inc.||CD version.|
|Capcom Music Collection Vol. 0||CPCA-10211||2009-10-01||Suleputer||CD version.|