Lost In Translation/DoDonPachi
|Main CPU||68000 (@ 16.000 MHz)|
YMZ280B (@ 16.934 MHz)
320 x 240 pixels
32,768 Palette colours
|ROM Info||11 ROMs|
19,922,944 bytes (19.00 MiB)
|MAME ID||ddonpach · ddonpchj|
About The Game
DoDonPachi is a vertically scrolling shoot-em-up arcade video game.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Shoot, [B] Bomb
Designed by Cave and distributed by Atlus.
Angry Chief Hornet (literally), 'DonPachi' is also Japanese onomatopoiea for the firing of guns...
A 'Campaign Version' was released. Reportedly only 100 units ever made and given out as prizes to high score contest winners.
Scitron / Gamest released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.de. Soundtrack - SGCD-00002) on 06/11/1998.
Scitron Digital Content released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Dodonpachi II / Dodonpachi Sound Trax - SCDC-00126) on 19/09/2001.
Tips and tricks
There are bee medals hidden in the whole game. If you shoot where a bee medal is hidden, it starts to blink. Then you will need to use your laser to free it, before you can collect the medal.
There is a combo score system for hits within a specific time range. If it takes too long for your next hit, the chain breaks and counting restarts.
Hidden 1up Player
In stage 3 is your one and only chance to pick up a 1up item. It is hidden in the giant red spaceship you will pass later in the stage. To get it, open all 6 side-boxes with your laser, before you destroy the main tower in the center of the ship. You are not allowed to use your smartbomb for these actions. Otherwise the 1up item would not appear in the ruins of the tower afterwards.
If you don't use the smartbombs and keep the stock display at 'maximum' bonus multiplier will be 2x.
There are a few places in the game you will meet flowers growing in ruins. If you fly near them they will bloom. This is more than just a joke of the graphic artist. It can reward you with a nice bonus score :
- (each) flower blooming : 10 points per 1/60 sec.
- your shots hit it : 510 points per bullet
- your laser crosses it : 1'100 points per 1/30 sec.
To access the second (harder) loop thus being able to fight against Hibachi, the 'true' final boss after level 6 boss, you have to complete the first 6 levels with only ONE credit AND meet at least one of these conditions :
- Don't lose more than 2 fighters (lives).
- Depending on the fighter, have a maximum hit count of at least :
- Type A : 270 hits
- Type B : 300 hits
- Type C : 330 hits
- At least 50 million points by the end of level 6.
- Collect ALL 13 bees in four of the 6 areas using the tactic explained above for 'bee medals'.
- DonPachi (1995)
- DoDonPachi (1997)
- Bee Storm - DoDonPachi II (2001)
- DoDonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou (2002)
- DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu (2008)
- Naoki Ogiwara
- Akira Wakabayashi
- Hiroyuki Tanaka
- Junya Inoue
- Riichirou Nitta
- Tsuneki Ikeda
- Satoshi Kohyama
- Makoto Watanabe
- Takashi Ichimura
- Special Thanks
- Toshiaki Tomizawa
- Atunori Aburatani
- Ryuichi Yabuki
- Kenichi Takano
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega Saturn (1997)
- Sony PlayStation (1998)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU & ESPGALUDA -Perfect remix-||SRIN-1013||2005-01-31||SuperSweep Records||CD version.|
|dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU / KE-TSU-I kizunajigokutachi ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK||CVST-0000||2003-06-11||Cave||CD version.|
|Dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU & ESPGaluda -perfect remix-||SRIN-1012||2005-01-28||Super Sweep Records||CD version.|
|DoDonPachi II / DoDonPachi Sound Trax||SCDC-00126||2001-09-19||Scitron Digital Content||CD version.|
|STORM! - SHOOTING GAME SOUND OMNIBUS Vol.2||KDSD-00023||2004-01-07||Team Entertainment||CD version.|
|Extra ~Official Compilation~||VGCD-0087||2007-06-22||Five Records||CD version.|
|DoDonPachi / ESP Ra.De.||SGCD-0002||1998-11-06||Scitron / Gamest||CD version.|
|DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track||CVST-0010||2009-01-26||Cave||CD version.|
|'Cave Song' ~Compilation Image Song Album~||CVST-0997||2009-05-16||Cave||2 CD version.|
|dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU [arrange album]||CVAS-002||2009-08-15||Cave||CD version.|
- dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU & ESPGALUDA -Perfect remix- (CD) at the VGMdb
- dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU / KE-TSU-I kizunajigokutachi ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK (CD) at the VGMdb
- Dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU & ESPGaluda -perfect remix- (CD) at the VGMdb
- DoDonPachi II / DoDonPachi Sound Trax (CD) at the VGMdb
- STORM! - SHOOTING GAME SOUND OMNIBUS Vol.2 (CD) at the VGMdb
- Extra ~Official Compilation~ (CD) at the VGMdb
- DoDonPachi / ESP Ra.De. (CD) at the VGMdb
- DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track (CD) at the VGMdb
- 'Cave Song' ~Compilation Image Song Album~ (CD) at the VGMdb
- dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU [arrange album (CD)] at the VGMdb