Lost In Translation/Dodgem
|Main CPU||S2650 (@ 950.000 kHz)|
720 x 768 pixels
2 Palette colours
|ROM Info||8 ROMs|
7,680 bytes (7.50 KiB)
About The Game
Dodgem is a 2-D maze racing game. You control your boat through the maze to pick up the dots while at the same time avoiding the boat, or boats, that are constantly trying to ram you. Successfully get through one maze and many more await you. This is good practice for sailing through Hong Kong harbor.
- Dots : 2 points
- Flag : 50-200 points
Tips and tricks
- Always be aware of where the Jam Boat(s) is/are located. They can only make one lane change at a time but that lane change may be into your lane.
- The faster you go, the fewer lanes you can cross. At full acceleration, you will only be able to change one lane at a time. In the earlier levels, this will be fine since you will only be dealing with one car. In the multiple Jam Boat levels, this can be a very bad thing. Decelerate (take your finger off the accelerate button) to go across multiple lanes.
- The Jam Boat(s) always travel in a clockwise motion while you travel in a counterclockwise motion. Remember that so that you don't get confused when there are multiple cars in the maze.
- Don't try to get all the dots on one of the lanes. You need to anticipate where your next move is well before you enter the lane change area since you cannot change lanes at any other time. Sometimes, on the earlier levels, it is best to do a staggered type dot pickup where you do lane one, change to lane two, to lane three, lane four, lane five, then back to lane one. If you time it right, the Jam Boat or Boats will still be in the maze.
- Don't let the speed of the Jam Boat(s) throw you. Just plan to be out of your lane and in the lane change area before them. If both cars enter at the same time, you run a big risk of a collision.
- Since the game isn't timed, take your time planning on how you will take care of the dots. Don't take chances since you will have to restart the level if your boat gets destroyed.
Cabinet and Artwork
- Atari 2600 (1981, "Dodge 'Em")
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2004, "Atari Anthology")
- Microsoft XBOX (2004, "Atari Anthology")
- PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (2003, "Atari - 80 Classic Games in One!")