Lost In Translation/Gunbird 2
|Main CPU||SH-2 (@ 28.636 MHz)|
YMF278B (@ 28.636 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
5,120 Palette colours
|ROM Info||12 ROMs|
64,487,424 bytes (61.50 MiB)
About The Game
Gunbird 2 is vertically scrolling shoot-em-up arcade video game featuring five selectable characters who again fight the big army of pirates, but this time to collect elemental potions.
Alucard, a selectable character, backwards spells Dracula.
Gunbird 2 shares some similarities with the 1975 anime series 'Time Bokan':
- The flag symbol in Time Bokan is a clear skull and in this game is a 2P like a skull.
- The thin guy has a very ugly nose also a moustache and teeth like a rabbit (he is the same in the game and the anime).
- The fat guy has a beard. In this game and in Time Bokan, he has a semi-shaved beard (so with the exception of the beard, the guy is almost the same).
- The chief is a luxuriant woman (in the anime, she always was topless in the end).
- In Time Bokan, the bad guys always show a stupid new-robot to defeat the good guys. In the game is the same.
Note : There are 27 different endings!
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to three smileys.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Gunbird 2, Gunbird - SGCD-0003) on 04/12/1998.
Tips and tricks
In test mode, enter this code...
- 5-2-0-4-8 for Maintenace Mode [Stage Select (Loads of cool stuff here), Obj Test, BG TestPlay Status, Stage Status]
- 5-3-5-7-3 All Data Initialised.
- 5-3-7-6-5 Sit an AINE Flag1 (Displays 'AINE ?' at test, extra 'explicit' character on random box).
- 5-1-0-2-4 Sit an AINE Flag2 (Displays 'AINE OK' at test, use AINE by pressing 'Down' on random box).
- 5-3-1-5-7 AINE Flag Cancelled (Clears AINE from being playable, as default).
- Shiori Saito
- Hiroshi Yamada
- Naozumi Yorichika
- Yoko Tsukagoshi
- Norikazu Takemori
- Emi Taniguchi
- Keizou Fujita
- Yousuke Iwabuchi
- Kenichi Fujita
- Kunihiko Nogomi
- Katsuya Shikanouchi
- Katsuhiro Nishida
- Shinji Nohara
- Masato Natsumoto
- Music Composed By
- Masaki Izutani
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega Dreamcast (2000)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2004, "Gunbird 1&2")
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Gunbird & Gunbird 2||SGCD-0003||1998-12-04||Scitron / Gamest||CD version.|