Lost In Translation/Mikie
|Main CPU||M6809 (@ 1.250 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 3.580 MHz)
SN76496 (@ 1.790 MHz)
SN76496 (@ 3.580 MHz)
256 x 224 pixels
256 Palette colours
|ROM Info||14 ROMs|
132,352 bytes (129.25 KiB)
|MAME ID||mikie · mikiehs · mikiej|
About The Game
Mikie is an arcade video game.
This game is known in Japan as "Shinnyuushain Tooru-Kun".
This is the original version. Mikie has red hair (because we all know that redheads are temperamental troublemakers). Football players are now Bulky Students (Classroom) or Police/Probation Officers (Garden). All of the students wear uniforms, including Mikie. Your classroom teacher wears a white shirt and is somewhat pudgier than his American counterpart. Many of the rooms also have a slightly different appearance and I believe the dance studio teacher wears glasses. Go figure.
Mikie (High School Graffitti)
Aside from the noticeably different decor in the homeroom (all right, it's only the blackboard), there are several MAJOR differences in this MUCH harder version. Hearts that were normally in glass cases are stacked as piles of three hearts (you only have to time the last heart for Perfects). Furthermore, you can't headbutt in this version, you have to yell, which temporarily stuns enemies EXCEPT FOR your homeroom teacher, who cannot be stopped except by thrown items. Yelling is also much shorter range than headbutting, making timing crucial. Not a version for the weak-reflexed. Most importantly though is that if you take too long in a room, the Classroom teacher can throw what looks like either a necklace or dentures at you. On the plus side, you recover faster from a yell than a headbutt (less lag time) and enemies don't speed up as fast as they do in the other romsets (unfortunately, it seems as though the homeroom teacher will speed up on his own in this romset).
|Collecting a heart||200|
|Collecting a flashing heart||1000|
|Hitting an enemy with an object (basketball or roast)||400|
|Being hit by a dancer||100|
|Bumping a student out of their desk (back row)||400|
|Bumping a student out of their desk (middle row)||600|
|Bumping a student out of their desk (front row)||800|
|Stunning an enemy horizontally||400|
|Stunning an enemy vertically||800|
|Stunning two enemies horizontally||2,000|
|Stunning two enemies vertically||3,000|
|Stunning three enemies||5,000|
|Smacking an enemy with the door||600|
|Picking up a lunchbox||1,000|
|Picking up the hamburger||1,000|
|Picking up the Coke||1,000|
|Finding the scantily-clad woman in the closet||5,000|
|Entering the Hallway after finishing any Room||2,000|
|Perfect Room Completion bonus||5,000|
|Do not throw any objects||5,000|
|Throw one object||3,000|
|Throw two objects||2,000|
|Throw three to four objects||1,000|
|Throw five to eight objects||200|
|Throw all nine objects||No Bonus|
(Skill Bonus for Locker and Restaurant Rooms - awarded upon exiting the respective room)
Tips and tricks
Hold Start1+Start2 during boot.
In game instruction scene between title screen and demonstration play, input the following code when player character sits on a chair : hold 1P Up + 2P Down then press 1P Start 4 times. "THIS SOFTWARE IS AN ORIGINAL PRODUCT OF KONAMI" should appears.
- You can exit out either of the two Room doors when a room is complete (you can also come back in if need be), but only one door (the one that flashes out) will allow you to continue down towards the garden (the other is where you came in). Still, useful if you're panicking and need a quick exit.
- You can bump the non-heart guarding students out of their desk for points inside the Classroom, but you're only given the points once and this only matters for Step 1 anyways.
- You can headbutt the teacher in the classroom for extra points many, many times, if your timing is good. (Read: Leech)
- Headbutting an enemy vertically in the hallway is extremely difficult, and should only be attempted as a last resort. There just isn't enough room.
- Stun an enemy in the hallway in front of a door, and then smack him with the door for an easy extra 600 points.
- When enemies are moving a little too fast to be comfortable headbutting them, make sure to get them on the horizontal and not the vertical, as it's easier to time your strike.
- If you die after entering a room for the first time (or re-enter a room), the classroom teacher will only delay for about 1 second instead of 3 seconds before entering the room. Be forewarned. You may want to turn around right away and headbutt him as he stands in the doorway.
- The red bucket in the hallway can only hit you on the same horizontal line. Move either up or down (as necessary) to dodge it.
- Controlling and grouping enemies for points is possible on the Garden, but is not easy and cannot be done for very long before they become too fast. Still, it has the most open space of any of the Rooms.
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega SG-1000 (1985)
- Commodore C64 (1986)
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum (1986)
- Amstrad CPC (1986)