Lost In Translation/Pang! 3
|Main CPU||68000 (@ 10.000 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 3.580 MHz)
YM2151 (@ 3.580 MHz)
OKI6295 (@ 1.000 MHz)
384 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||7 ROMs|
5,537,792 bytes (5.28 MiB)
|MAME ID||pang3 · pang3j|
About The Game
Pang! 3 is an arcade video game.
The second sequel to the superb 1989 original, Pang! 3 retains the same gameplay of its predecessors but adds vastly improved graphics and a choice of three difficulty levels; Beginner, Normal and Panic. On both the 'Normal' and 'Panic' skill levels, players can choose from four different playable characters; each possessing different strengths and weaknesses, such as a double harpoon or quick shots. On the beginner level, players can only use the mexican character.
Another notable difference is in the game's use of backdrops : instead of the world landmarks of the first 2 games, Pang! 3 features classical works of art in the form of paintings and sculptures.
Released in May 1995.
This game is known in Japan as "Pang! 3 - Kaitou Tachi no Karei na Gogo" and in US as "Buster Buddies".
Here is a detailed list of famous paintings appearing in this order:
- 'La Bohémienne endormie' by Henri Julien Rousseau, 1897.
- 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch, 1893.
- 'Thirty-Six Views of Mt. Fuji' by Katsushika Hokusai, 19th century.
- 'Still Life - Vase with twelve sunflowers' by Vincent Van Gogh, 1888.
- 'Des glaneuses' by Jean Francois Millet, 1857.
- 'Moulin Rouge - La Goulue' by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1891.
- 'Le déjeuner des canotiers' by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, 1881.
- 'Portrait of Leopold Zborowski' by Amedeo Modigliani, 1916.
- 'La Nascita di Venere' by Alessandro di Mariano di Vanni Filipepi aka 'Botticelli', 1485.
- 'La Grande Odalisque' by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, 1814.
- 'Mona Lisa' by Leonardo da Vinci, 1506.
- 'Actor Otani Oniji II as Yakko Edohei' by Tōshūsai Sharaku, 1794.
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to '???'.
Sheila Van Buren holds the official record for this game with 2,256,411 points.
Tips and tricks
Select Normal mode while putting the joystick Down.
Select Normal mode with 1P and 2P SHOT buttons simultaneously.
Win 500 points in Panic Mode
Hold down the joystick and 500 points will be added to your score every few seconds.
- Futoshi Kuwahara
- S. Obata (Manhattan)
- Yoshinobu Inada (Ine)
- T. Misawa
- Character Designers
- S. Kitamura
- Ban, Miyo.
- A. Hamada
- Music Composer
- Isao Abe (Oyaji)
- Sound Designers
- Toshio Kajino
- Hiroaki Kondo
- Kihaji Okamoto
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sony PlayStation (1997, "Super Pang Collection")
- Sony PSP (2006, "Capcom Puzzle World")