Lost In Translation/Road Fighter
|Main CPU||M6809 (@ 2.048 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 3.580 MHz)
DAC (@ 1.790 MHz)
SN76496 (@ 3.580 MHz)
256 x 224 pixels
32 Palette colours
|ROM Info||16 ROMs|
139,808 bytes (136.53 KiB)
|MAME ID||roadf · roadf2|
About The Game
Road Fighter is a vertically scrolling, overhead racing arcade video game.
A unique characteristic of Road Fighter is the fact that bumping into an enemy car does not count as a miss. The counter-steering technique required to 'straighten' your car after bumping into an enemy provided a new level of racing game fun to fans.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2 [Low, High]
Released in December 1984. Road Fighter is the first car racing game from Konami.
Tips and tricks
- Do Not miss the bonus car : As you proceed in the game, the difficulty level increases. You will make more misses and will lose fuel quickly. If you spot a bonus car, make sure to run into it, even if it requires you to slow down in the process.
- Get used to counter-steering : Driving without bumping into the enemy is extremely difficult. If you do bump into them, learn to stay calm and counter-steer!
- Secret bonuses : They are all hard to obtain, but they are worth the try! Keep on driving for a certain amount of time without bumping into the enemy -- Konamiman, a train, or an airplane will appear and give you bonus points.
- Run into bonus cars without missing any -- more bonus points.
- Make it to the goal without bumping into any enemy -- 10,000 bonus points.
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sony PlayStation (1999, "Konami Arcade Classics")
- Nintendo Famicom
- MSX (1985)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Konami Special Music Golden Treasure Chest||220A-7721~3||1989-12-21||King Records Inc.||3 CD version.|
|Arcade Ambiance 1986||N/A||2004-08-27||Andy Hofle||Digital download only.|