Lost In Translation/Tokio
|Main CPU||(2x) Z80 (@ 6.000 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 3.000 MHz)
YM2203 (@ 3.000 MHz)
256 x 224 pixels
256 Palette colours
|ROM Info||26 ROMs|
756,228 bytes (738.50 KiB)
|MAME ID||tokio · tokiob · tokiou|
About The Game
Tokio is a vertically scrolling arcade video game shoot-em-up.
Flying over the city of Tokyo in your bi-plane you must shoot down hordes of enemy planes whilst avoiding their attacks.
Collect and control multiple biplanes to increase your fire-power and help you to victory.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 1
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2 => [A] Shoot, [B] Change formation
This game is known in Japan as "Scramble Formation".
Taito released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Taito Sound Team Demo Tape ver.1986).
Tips and tricks
- Line : safety mode. This mode allows both aerial and ground attacks, but you only get a narrow shot area. The multiple biplanes are susceptible to getting hit too, so watch your flying.
- Delt a: aerial attack mode. The firepower can only hit flying planes, no ground shoots.
- Crux : ground attack mode. Only ground objects can be hit. This is also the only mode that can destroy the boss ship.
If you press A+B the multiple biplanes will be released. This can be used as a sort of shield.
Cabinet and Artwork
- FM Towns Marty
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2005, "Taito Legends") (US & Europe)
- Microsoft XBOX (2005, "Taito Legends") (US & Europe)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2007, "Taito Memories II Vol. 1") (Japan only)
- PC [MS Windows] (2005, "Taito Legends") (US & Europe)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition||MAU-9001~2||1996-01-01||N/A||2 CD version.|