Lost In Translation/Cameltry
|Manufacturer||Taito America Corporation|
|Main CPU||68000 (@ 12.000 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)
YM2610 (@ 8.000 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||7 ROMs|
1,245,184 bytes (1.19 MiB)
|MAME ID||cameltry · cameltrj · camltrua|
About The Game
Cameltry has the player guiding a ball through a number of mazes, rotating the maze through 180 degrees to get the ball to move in the desired direction - much like the bonus levels in the Sega Megadrive console title, 'Sonic the Hedgehog'. Each maze must be completed within a tight time limit and a number of traps and obstacles litter the mazes to slow players down.
There are, however, a number of postitive targets to be hit, and bonuses - such as additional time - can be found hidden away within the mazes. When the ball is stuck or the player would like to speed up, the JUMP button can be used. If the player runs out of time before reaching the goal, a random matching game is run to allow the player more time to complete the maze. This challenge, however is very difficult to win.
Released in April 1990.
This game uses inertia and gravity to simulate how an actual ball in a maze would roll, under real-life conditions. This is what makes this game fun to play.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Cameltry, Cadash - PCCB-00043) on 21/10/1990.
Zuntata Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Zuntata History L'ab-normal 1st - ZTTL-0038) on 01/04/1999.
The US version is slightly different, it has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
Tips and tricks
- Obtain a very high time and you can gain 1,000 points, featuring Tiki (the Kiwi Bird of "The New Zealand Story" game) or another character of Taito.
- Obtain a low time and you can play with a slot machine.
- Round Select : Hold Service Switch at boot.
- Input : Start(x3), Service Switch, Start on Service Switch Error message screen. This code (Taito Command) is used in many Taito games, G-Darius, Rastan Saga II, Gunlock/Ray Force etc.
- Ball Selection : If you hold down the START button while selecting a course (except the training course) you can change the appearance of the ball.
- Secret Bonus : If the 3 digits on the timer is the same at goal (eg 11.1, 22.2, 33.3, etc), secret bonus is added.
- Staff Credits : When seeing the ending, hold the JUMP button. NOTE : It's disabled when you select Training course.
- Cameltry (1990)
- Mawashite Koron (2006, Nintendo DS JAP) / Labyrinth (2007, Nintendo DS EUR/USA)
Cabinet and Artwork
- Nintendo Super Famicom (1992, "Cameltry")
- Nintendo Super NES (1992, "On the Ball")
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2005, "Taito Memories Vol. 1")
- Microsoft XBOX (2006, "Taito Legends 2")
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2006, "Taito Legends 2")
- PC [CD-ROM] (2006, "Taito Legends 2")
- Nokia N-Gage ("Taito Memories") (unreleased)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Cameltry / Cadash||PCCB-00043||1990-10-21||Pony Canyon/Scitron||CD version.|
|ZUNTATA HISTORY L'ab-normal 1st||ZTTL-0038||1999-04-01||Zuntata Records||CD version.|
|Taito 1500 Collector's Box||PCCB-00130||1993-09-17||Pony Canyon/Scitron||5 CD version.|
|Super Famicom Magazine Volume 4 - New Game Sound Museum||TIM-SFC04||1992-01-01||Tokuma Shoten Publishing||CD version.|