Lost In Translation/Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory
|Fatal Fury 3 |
Road to the Final Victory
68000 (@ 12.000 MHz)
Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)
YM2610 (@ 8.000 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||24 ROMs|
36,241,408 bytes (34.56 MiB)
About The Game
Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory is an arcade video game.
During a trip to Southtown to attend the inauguration of a new branch of Pao Pao Cafe by former street fighter Richard Meyer, the lone wolves (Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi & Mai Shiranui) are unwillingly caught in the middle of a desperate search for the Shiranui Scrolls and the mysterious fighters that are after them! The game features a new graphic style, 2 different background planes to fight, a grade system that shows how well you perform in battle, lots of hidden moves & combos, as well as multiple endings based on your performance. The answers shall only be uncovered by a long & fierce battle, are you up to it?
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 4
=> [A] Quick punch [B] Quick kick [C] Power punch [D] Power kick
Released in March 1995.
This game is known in Japan as "Garou Densetsu 3 - Haruka-Naru Tatakai" (translates from Japanese as 'Legend of Hungry Wolf 3 - The Distant Battle').
Things that changed in this particular game :
- The game introduces a deeper plane change system which proved to be somewhat clunky & difficult to use due to the tricky commands used to move between planes.
- Chain combos are introduced to add even more depth to each character's fighting style.
- Throws are harder to use since these are slow and throw-miss animations were added.
- Newcomers in the game are Bob Wilson, Blue Mary, Franco Bash, Hon Fu, Sokaku Mochizuki, Ryuji Yamazaki, Jin Chonshu & Jin Chonrei.
Kyo Kusanagi & Sie Kensou make a cameo in Pao Pao Cafe!
The Japanese version of this game, Garou Densetsu 3, overtly refers to itself by its overseas name of "Fatal Fury 3" throughout the game.
Pony Canyon released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Garou Densetsu 3 - PCCB-00179) on 21/04/1995.
Tips and tricks
One of the coolest things of this game is the fact that you can alter some backgrounds objects by slamming opponents against them. For example, you can knock away the training dummy in Joe's stage if you send an opponent flying towards it. Experiment on various stages to find more surprises!
Endings are based on your performance on the game, here are the final bosses you'll face according to how well you do :
- Poor performance ending boss : Ryuji Yamazaki
- Average performance ending boss : Jin Chonshu
- Above average performance ending boss : Jin Chonshu (Jin Chonrei makes a brief cameo at the very end)
- Good performance ending boss : Jin Chonrei
Note : If the game is set on the USA, Asia or Europe BIOS, the game will reset after defeating Jin Chonrei and you won't get to see the ending, however if the game is set on the Japan BIOS it will work just fine! :)
- Fatal Fury - King of Fighters (1991)
- Fatal Fury 2 (1992)
- Fatal Fury Special (1993)
- Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (1996)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 - The Newcomers (1998)
- Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (1998)
- Garou - Mark of the Wolves (1999)
- Fatal Fury First Contact (1999, SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color)
- Terry Bogard
- Satoshi Hashimoto
- Andy Bogard
- Keiichi Nanba
- Joe Higashi
- Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Mai Shiranui
- Akoya Sogi
- Geese Howard
- Kong Kuwata
- Sokaku Mochizuki & Ryuji Yamazaki
- Koji Ishii
- Bob Wilson & Hon-Fu
- Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Blue Mary
- Harumi Ikoma
- Franco Bash
- B. J. Love
- Jin Chonshu & Jin Chonrei
- Kappei Yamaguchi
Cabinet and Artwork
- SNK Neo-Geo CD (1995)
- Sega Saturn (1996, "Garou Densetsu 3 - Aratanaru Tatakai")
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2006, "NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.6 : Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1" JP)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (2006, "Fatal Fury Collection" US & EU)
- PC [MS Windows 9x]
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Neo Geo Gals Vocal Collection||PCCB-00219||1996-06-21||Scitron||CD version.|
|Garou Densetsu 3 Arrange Sound Trax||PCCB-00183||1995-06-07||Pony Canyon||CD version.|
|Garou Densetsu 3||PCCB-00179||1995-04-21||Pony Canyon||CD version.|
|SNK Character Sounds Collection Volume 7 - Ryuji Yamazaki||PCCB-00320||1998-06-17||Pony Canyon/Scitron||CD version.|
|Garou Densetsu / Fatal Fury 15th Anniversary BOX||SCDC-00553~9||2006-11-15||Happinet Corporation||6 CD version.|