Lost In Translation/Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
|Real Bout Fatal Fury Special|
68000 (@ 12.000 MHz)
Z80 (@ 4.000 MHz)
YM2610 (@ 8.000 MHz)
320 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||26 ROMs|
53,018,624 bytes (50.56 MiB)
About The Game
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is a one-on-one fighting arcade video game.
'Hey, how's it goin', dude?' More old Fatal favourites return to the bout and bring the total of selectable fighters to 19.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 4
=> [A] Punch [B] Kick [C] Power attack [D] Move between planes
Even if the copyright year is 1996, this game was released to the public in January 1997.
This game is known in Japan as "Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special" (translates from Japanese as 'Real Bout Hungry Wolf Legend Special').
Things that changed in this particular game :
- The game modifies the plane switching system a bit.
- Ring out system is modified into the instant dizzy system (By breaking background objects!).
- Newcomers in the game are Tung Fu Rue, Lawrence Blood & Wolfgang Krauser. 'Evil' versions of some characters are available as well.
Terry's theme in this game is a remixed version of Terry's familiar "Fatal Fury 2" music (Kurikinton).
Pony Canyon released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special - PCCB-00240) on 05/02/1997.
MVS (Arcade) vs. AES (Neo-Geo) differences :
- On the AES (Neo-Geo) Geese is a playable character by imputing a code. On the MVS (Arcade) version he was removed as a playable character for being too strong.
Tips and tricks
Play as Shadow/EX Fighter
Shadow/EX fighter is an evil version of the selected character with a different move-list set as well as a different ending than his/her original counterpart. This code only works with the following characters : Andy Bogard, Billy Kane, Blue Mary, Tung Fu Rue:
- At the character selection screen, highlight the character of your choice, hold Start and press B(x2), C(x2).
- While continuing to hold Start, hold B, pause one second and hold C.
- While continuing to hold Start+B+C, press A or D to select the Shadow version of the character.
- Pressing A or D will select a different color.
Fight Against Geese Howard
Begin game play in single player mode, win all rounds, do not score less than a 'B' rank in any battle and get more than 750,000 points before fighting Wolfgang Krauser. You will fight Geese Howard in a special 'Nightmare' match.
- You can see different sets of funny out-takes during the credits if you consecutively beat the game 5 or 6 times before they start to repeat themselves.
- Fatal Fury - King of Fighters (1991)
- Fatal Fury 2 (1992)
- Fatal Fury Special (1993)
- Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (1996)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 - The Newcomers (1998)
- Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (1998)
- Garou - Mark of the Wolves (1999)
- Fatal Fury First Contact (1999, SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color)
- Takashi Nishiyama
- H. Matsumoto
- S. Itoh
- T. Yariyama
- Higashi Pon
- Oh! Majaharu
- Obj Designers
- Soe Soe (Soe.Soe.96)
- N. Kuroki
- Mizu. Mizu
- G. Ishidaman (Ishidamanace)
- Takehiro Isaji
- Y. Ashizawa
- Mika R. Winner Ero_Beer_Toku
- Back Designers
- Mic Senbey
- Demo Designers
- N. Kuroki
- Tate Norio
- Toshio Shimizm (as Shimizm)
- Brother Hige
- Bo_ffffffffng as Bof
- Naoyan Apchiba
- Stg_Oyaji 145H
- Mim_104 Melon
- R. Tuneoka
- Terry Bogard & Kim Kaphwan
- Satoshi Hashimoto
- Joe Higashi
- Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Bob Wilson & Hon Fu
- Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Jin Chonshu & Chonrei
- Kappei Yamaguchi
- Billy Kane
- Atsushi Yamanishi
- Laurence Blood
- Hiroyuki Arita
- Tung Fue Rue & Cheng Chinzan
- Shigefumi Nakai
- Andy Bogard
- Keiichi Nanba
- Mai Shiranui
- Akoya Sogi
- Duck King & Geese Howard
- Kong Kuwata
- Sokaku Mochzuki & Ryuji Yamazaki
- Koji Ishii
- Blue Mary
- Harumi Ikoma
- Franco Bash & Wolfgang Krauser
- B. J. Love
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega Saturn (1997)
- SNK Neo-Geo CD (1997)
- Sony PlayStation (1998, "Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special - Dominated Mind")
- Nintendo Game Boy (1998)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Real Bout Garou Densetsu SPECIAL||PCCB-00240||1997-02-05||Pony Canyon||CD version.|
|Real Bout Garou Densetsu SPECIAL Arrange Sound Trax||PCCB-00250||1997-03-05||Pony Canyon||CD version.|
|Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan Final ~The 20th Century Memorial Best~||SCDC-00061||2001-01-11||Scitron||CD version.|
|Garou Densetsu / Fatal Fury 15th Anniversary BOX||SCDC-00553~9||2006-11-15||Happinet Corporation||6 CD version.|