Lost In Translation/Lethal Enforcers
|Main CPU||HD6309 (@ 8.000 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 8.000 MHz)
K054539 (@ 48.000 kHz)
288 x 224 pixels
7,169 Palette colours
|ROM Info||10 ROMs|
9,764,864 bytes (9.31 MiB)
|MAME ID||lethalen · lethalej|
About The Game
Lethal Enforcers is an arcade video game.
As an undercover police officer the player's mission is to put a stop to an array of criminals ranging from bank robbers, hijackers and numerous other law breakers. As well as upholding the law, players must also try to protect innocent members of the public from the criminal gangs, being careful not to accidentally shoot them. Shooting innocent victims will result in the player's energy level being severely reduced.
Lethal Enforcers is an on-the-rails light-gun game. The player is initially armed only with a standard issue revolver, but weapon upgrades such as a .357 Magnum, a shotgun and an automatic pistol can be collected by shooting at their on-screen counterparts as the game progresses. While some weapons can be reloaded, others can't and are only useful for a limited time. Any weapon upgrades are lost in the event of a player losing a life.
King Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Konami Amusement Sounds '93 Summer - KICA-7616, 7617) on 21/08/1993.
The US version is slightly different, it has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
Tips and tricks
- On the first area of the first stage (the bank robbery), a masked gunman in black will roll out from behind the desk at the front of the room at the left end of the screen. You need to shoot the enemy as quickly as possible when he first appears, and if you do, an assault rifle will drop to the floor. Shoot it quickly to pick it up.
- On area 2 of the same stage, in the street behind the bank, when you've nearly completed it, there will appear another masked gunman at the left end of the screen, and if you shoot him quickly enough the first time he pops out, a rifle will drop to the ground too. Shoot it quickly to get it before it disappears.
- On the third area of the third stage (the airport), there are two terrorists with large rifles hidden inside 2 crates that take a couple shots to kill. When you complete the 5 stages the game has and the game starts again with increased difficulty, another of these gunmen will burst out of a luggage carrier on the second area of the same stage.
- At the left end of the third area on the third stage, there's a fuel truck that takes a couple shots to blow up. If you can shoot it at the right moment, the explosion will affect at least one terrorist hiding behind it.
- On the first area of the fifth stage (the chemical plant), there's a bridge platform at the top right that leads above the office room. You can shoot this platform down with several shots to keep enemies from crossing it.
- Y. Hatano
- Game Graphics
- S. Johnson
- J. Narita
- D. Marshall
- Sound Effects
- H. Maezawa
- Music Composer
- K. Fukui
- Hardware Designers
- H. Matsuura
- H. Uenu
- Cabinet Graphics
- K Hale
- Y. Hatano
Cabinet and Artwork
- Nintendo Super Famicom (1993)
- Sega Mega Drive (1993)
- Sega Mega-CD
- Sony PlayStation (1997, "Lethal Enforcers I & II")
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Konami Amusement Sounds '93 Summer - GAIAPOLIS||KICA-7616~7||1993-08-21||King Record Co., Ltd.||2 CD version.|
|Super Famicom Magazine Volume 15 - Starting with Famous Music!! Final Fantasy VI & New Game Sound Museum||TIM-SFC15||1994-03-01||Tokuma Shoten Publishing||CD version.|