Lost In Translation/Super Real Darwin
|Super Real Darwin|
|Manufacturer||Data East Corporation|
|Main CPU||M6809 (@ 2.000 MHz)|
M6502 (@ 1.500 MHz)
YM2203 (@ 1.500 MHz)
YM3812 (@ 3.000 MHz)
256 x 240 pixels
144 Palette colours
|ROM Info||14 ROMs|
512,256 bytes (500.25 KiB)
|MAME ID||srdarwin · srdarwnj|
About The Game
Super Real Darwin is a vertically scrolling arcade video game shoot-em-up.
Additional Technical Information
Players : 1
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Shot, [B] Bomb
Alfa Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Data East Game Music - 28XA-205) on 10/05/1988.
Tips and tricks
- Evol : evolution item. Power-up your ship.
- BEvol : black evolution item, released by the big ships. Also powers-up your ship. It can be changed to an Evol item by shooting at it.
- Ar : armour item. It is released by some enemies. Unlike the evolution items, it moves upwards.
- Sp : speedup item. It is released by some enemies. Unlike the evolution items, it moves upwards.
- DNA : it is released by the ground lizards.
- Egg : available after destroying each stage boss. It adds a second ship that shoots sideways and can also be upgraded by collecting evolution items. Its evolution level is at most equal to the main ship level.
- When you are not invincible -> (get hit by a bullet) -> PISTER
- All states -> (fixed time without collecting power-up) -> degenerate
- PISTER -> (get hit by a bullet) -> die
- All states -> (get hit by an enemy) -> die
When you collect an evolution item:
PISTER -> HODOYODO (your stating level) -> ZWIPIP -> DARIER -> SYULBA -> QUILL -> LBOCK -> SWEEP -> DLIME -> ARTDEAME -> SLUGBU -> GYASYALBA
(if you collect BEVol while you are DARIER, ZWIPIP or ARTDEAME then the evolution sequence is different, see below)
At fixed time without collecting an evolution item:
- GYASYALBA -> SLUGBU -> ARTDEAME -> DLIME -> SWEEP -> LBOCK -> QUILL -> SYULBA -> DARIER -> ZWIPIP -> HODOYODO
- FC FDIVI -> FOUR DIVI -> TC TDIVI -> TWO DIVI -> ARTDEAME -> DLIME -> SWEEP -> LBOCK -> QUILL -> SYULBA -> DARIER -> ZWIPIP -> HODOYODO
- DARIER-4S -> DARIER-4 -> DARIER-3 -> DARIER-2 -> DARIER -> ZWIPIP -> HODOYODO
- PISPIDER -> PISTER
- GOAT DEAM -> PISTER
- PISNAKE -> PISTER
- All levels -> (hit the orange explosions released by the ground bugs) -> PISPIDER (bullet invincible)
- ARTDEAME -> (collect BEvol) -> TWO DIVI -> TC TDIVI -> FOUR DIVI -> FC FDIVI
- SLUGBU -> (degenerate) -> GYASYALBA (but shooting like ARTDEAME) -> (get hit by a bullet) -> GOAT DEAM (bullet invincible)
- All levels, except PISTER and the invincible levels -> (destroy some water snakes) -> (get hit by a bullet) -> PISNAKE (bullet invincible)
- DARIER -> (collect BEvol) -> DARIER-2 -> DARIER-3 -> DARIER-4 -> DARIER-4S (bomb upgrade)
- ZWIPIP -> (collect BEvol) -> ZWIPIP-2 -> DARIER-4 -> DARIER-4S (bomb upgrade)
- Music By
- Yoshida Hiroaki
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega Megadrive (1990, Darwin 4081)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|Data East Game Music||28XA-205||1988-05-10||Alfa Records||CD version.|
|Data East Game Music||ALC-22925||1988-05-10||Alfa Records||Cassette version.|
|Data East Game Music||ALR-22925||1988-05-10||Alfa Records||Vinyl version.|