Lost In Translation/X-Men vs. Street Fighter
|X-Men vs. Street Fighter|
|Main CPU||68000 (@ 11.800 MHz)|
Z80 (@ 8.000 MHz)
Q-Sound (@ 4.000 MHz)
384 x 224 pixels
4,096 Palette colours
|ROM Info||19 ROMs|
41,680,896 bytes (39.75 MiB)
|MAME ID||xmvsf · xmvsfa · xmvsfar1 · xmvsfb · xmvsfh · xmvsfj · xmvsfjr1 · xmvsfjr2 · xmvsfr1 · xmvsfu · xmvsfur1|
- 1 About The Game
- 1.1 Additional Technical Information
- 1.2 Trivia
- 1.3 Updates
- 1.4 Tips and tricks
- 1.5 Series
- 1.6 Staff
- 2 Cabinet and Artwork
- 3 Ports
- 4 Soundtrack Releases
- 5 References
About The Game
X-Men vs. Street Fighter is a one-on-one fighting arcade video game.
The first 'Capcom vs.' fighter, featuring 16 classic characters and fast-paced tag action. The mighty Apocalypse is reduced to but a punching bag!
Additional Technical Information
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
= >  LP,  MP,  HP
= >  LK,  MK,  HK
Released in September 1996.
9 characters are coming from Marvel comic books-followed by their first appearance :
- Apocalypse (aka En Sabah Nur) - X-Factor #5
- Cyclops (aka Scott Summers) - X-Men #1
- Gambit (aka Jean-Luc 'Remy' LeBeau) - Uncanny X-Men #266
- Juggernaut (aka Cain Marko) - X-Men #12
- Magneto (aka Erik 'Magnus' Lehnsherr) - X-Men #1
- Rogue - Avengers Annual #10
- Sabretooth (aka Victor Creed) - Iron Fist #14
- Storm (aka Ororo Munroe) - Giant Size X-Men #1
- Wolverine (aka James 'Logan' Howlett) - Incredible Hulk #180
9 other characters come from several Street Fighter games :
- Akuma (Gouki in Japan) - "Super Street Fighter II Turbo" ("Super Street Fighter II X" in Japan)
- Cammy - "|Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers"
- Charlie (Nash in Japan) - "Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dreams" ("Street Fighter Zero" in Japan)
- Chun-Li - "Street Fighter II - The World Warrior"
- Dhalsim - "Street Fighter II - The World Warrior"
- Ken Masters - "Street Fighter"
- M. Bison (Vega in Japan) - "Street Fighter II - The World Warrior"
- Ryu - "Street Fighter"
- Zangief - "Street Fighter II - The World Warrior"
In the game, teams are preselected and the player never encounter random teams. Here are the different teams the player will fight against :
- Cyclops and Ryu
- Zangief and Juggernaut
- Storm and Charlie
- Dhalsim and Sabretooth
- Rogue and Chun-Li
- Bison and Magneto
- Gambit and Ken
- Wolverine and Cammy
Akuma is outside the teams as he is an hidden character (see 'Tips and Tricks' section). After defeating 6 of these teams, the player's team fights Apocalypse himself! In the end, the character who defeat Apocalypse remains under player control and the other one is the ultimate opponent for the one-on-one final battle.
Blanka (from "Street Fighter II - The World Warrior") can be seen hanging out within the background in the 'Death Valley' stage.
Clarence E. Leung holds the official official record for this game, on level 5-expert settong, with 2,098,100 points on 03/16/1999.
Soundtrack releases :
X-Men vs. Street Fighter [Victor Entertainment - VICL-2176 - Nov 21, 1996]
Akuma is called Gouki in the Japanese version. Akuma means 'devil'. Gouki means 'powerful oni' (An oni is a Japanese mythological creature, kind of like an ogre or demon).
US versions have the 'Recycle It, Don't Trash It!' screen.
Tips and tricks
Play As Akuma
At the character select screen, highlight Magneto or Juggernaut or Dhalsim or Bison and press Up.
Play As Alpha Chun Li
At the character select screen, highlight Chun Li, hold the Start button and press any action button.
Play As The Same Character
Enter the random selection code and if you can make it stop on the highlighted character, the highlight will remain there, enabling you to select the same character twice. This does some strange things to the life bars, so be careful. It may also screw up the palette for one of the characters on the selection grid, but this will not effect game play.
Alternate Costume Colours
Highlight a character at the character selection screen then press a Punch button for a darker costume or Kick for a lighter costume.
At the character select screen, press and hold left or right for 3 seconds. Note : You can also fight against the same character by getting the random selection to stop on the originally highlighted fighter.
Press Start immediately after winning the match to continue hitting the defeated character.
Rogue's Additional Winning Pose
After you beat an opponent with Rogue, hold all three punches or kicks before she does her normal win pose (If done correctly, Rogue will turn around and say 'TA-DA!').
Ingame Tip Messages
These are all the tip messages that randomly appear when the player loses:
- HP+HK simultaneously for the Cross-over Attack! You can switch your character at any time!
- Push LP+MP+HP while guarding for the Advancing Guard. Push the opponent back!
- When Air Combo starts to move hits the opponent, put the lever Up to chase him and execute a combo!
- Create a quick combo when fighting in the air! Switch your character when vitality is low!
- Back, Back/Down, Down, P before landing for the safe fall! Outsmart your opponent!
- By charging the gauge past level one, you can do a Hyper Combo! Make a comeback!
- Enter Down, Up or LK+MK+HK for a Super Jump! You can attack indefinitely while doing a Super Jump!
- Back, Back/Down, Down, HP+HK while guarding for the Counter! Your partner will assist you.
- When Level 2 or higher, enter Down, Forward/Down, Forward, HP+HK for the cross-over Combination move!
- Vitality recovers slowly while you're resting. When grabbed, enter Forward MP(HP) immediately!
- You'll escape from the throw move! Forward, Forward or LP+MP+HP for the forward dash!
- Get into the striking distance at once! X-MEN VS STREET FIGHTER COMING SOON
Note : also called the 'Capcom vs.' series.
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter (1996)
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (1997)
- Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of Super Heroes (1998)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - New Age of Heroes (2000)
- Atsushi Tomita
- Takayoshi Terada
- Moriyoshi Teruya
- Eternal Sailor
- Character Designer
- Title Designer
- Object Designers
- Minobe Hiroaki!
- Rie Satou
- Masanori Kondo
- Kanako Takami
- Yosinori Yamamoto
- Tateishi Masayo
- Toshihiro Suzuki
- Satoru Yamashita
- Scroll Designers
- Hisashi Sawada
- Yoichi Tanoue
- Hooly (Fukahori)
- Yoko Fukumoto
- Isukesani (as 'Isukesani20%')
- Music Composer & Arranges
- Yuki Iwai
- Yuko Kadota
- Sound & Voice Designers
- Hiroaki Kondo (X68K)
- Tetsuya Iijima
- General Producer
- Noritaka Funamizu (poo)
- Norman Spencer
- Cathal J. Dodd
- Catherine Disher
- Lenore Zann
- Tony Daniels
- Don Francks
- Rick Bennett
- Magneto, Apocalypse & Announcer
- Lorne Kennedy
- Katashi Ishizuka
- Susan Hart
- Ken Masters
- Tetsuya Iwanaga
- Yuko Miyamura
- Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Yoshiharu Yamada
- Wataru Takagi
- M. Bison
- Tomomichi Nishimura
Cabinet and Artwork
- Sega Saturn (1997)
- Sony PlayStation (1998)
- PC (2002)
|Album Name||Catalogue No.||Released||Publisher||Comments|
|X-Men VS. Street Fighter||VICL-2176||1996-11-21||Victor Entertainment||CD version.|